The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

QUB/Magee Nursing 2015

Scroll to see replies

Anyone know timetable stuff for Magee? Is MH different to General?
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Hi i was after a little bit of advice, i'm currently studying the access course in Wales and after reading comments can see it's slightly different in Northern Ireland with the end result (you have an overall percentage). In wales we study 45 units at level 3 and get graded with distinction, merit or pass and 15 units at level 2 with just pass or fail.

I have an interview at Magee not sure how my results would work.
I don't think they would have called you for interview if they weren't prepared to accept your qualifications, you could try calling admissions and see what they say in regards to it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
just had my interview and it says on the welcome letter they can reject you right up until 7th of May, so we won't get to know if we made it or not until the 7th is that correct or will we know earlier?

Queens university speaking.
I was told that every1 finds out on the 7th May and I took it that we will have to wait until then either way... I might be wrong though lol
Last year queens left it until the deadline which was may 8th. Some were still finding out after thus right up until the course started and a few afterwards as well.
So Yeh, it'll test your patience!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got an interview for queens on the 25th of March! 😁 can anyone who has had their interview give me any tips?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by deviant182
Last year queens left it until the deadline which was may 8th. Some were still finding out after thus right up until the course started and a few afterwards as well.
So Yeh, it'll test your patience!

Posted from TSR Mobile

The waiting games the killer!! Lol at least Magee is letting people know at the end of this month which will break it up a bit!😀

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 388
Can anyone who has had their magee interview advise me on how long the whole process took on the day and also was there plenty on parking available on campus?
Original post by derrynoid
Can anyone who has had their magee interview advise me on how long the whole process took on the day and also was there plenty on parking available on campus?

Parking was fine.... I had two interviews the same day. 1 at 11am and another at 2:45pm so I had time go round the town between times. Each interview was approx 20mins and I was at each one 15mins early to be sure

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 390
Original post by garethfrew
Parking was fine.... I had two interviews the same day. 1 at 11am and another at 2:45pm so I had time go round the town between times. Each interview was approx 20mins and I was at each one 15mins early to be sure

Posted from TSR Mobile

Brilliant thanks Gareth!
the letter says quote "we will inform you via UCAS as soon as possible if you have been unsuccessful at any stage". So unsuccessful applicants can find out in March/April before May 7th.
Therefore no news is good news 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 394
Had my Magee interview today.. Not going to lie, I got so flustered I couldn't think straight. The ladies interviewing me were helpful though and gave me plenty of time to add to answers at the end! Parking was abit of a nightmare today but maybe I was just there at a busy time!
I had my interview at Magee today and I think/hope it went well. Not much else I can do now other than wait but it least its only three weeks, the wait for Queens last year was a killer.

I thought the two interviewers I had were lovely and really put me at ease as soon as I walked in. The interview lasted about 25 minutes but you do need to get there about 30 minutes early to register your certificates and then wait outside the interview room - and you need this time to calm your nerves lol

Parking was fine at Magee but then I was there late afternoon
Hiya, have an interview for childrens nursing in queens next week. Could anyone who has had their interview give me any tips? guidance? indication to what questions were asked??

thanks so much in advance xx
No one is meant to give you the questions to be honest. People who do may be risking their place on the course.
However, just relax and know why you're there. You will be fine! Good luck :smile:
Original post by cocoflanders
Hiya, have an interview for childrens nursing in queens next week. Could anyone who has had their interview give me any tips? guidance? indication to what questions were asked??

thanks so much in advance xx

Hi I don't expect anyone to tell you what questions where asked but just google 'nursing interview questions'. QUB or UU aren't there to trip you up so there won't be anything mind blowing.

Read up, dress smart and be confident.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kaykeelen
I had my interview at Magee today and I think/hope it went well. Not much else I can do now other than wait but it least its only three weeks, the wait for Queens last year was a killer.

I thought the two interviewers I had were lovely and really put me at ease as soon as I walked in. The interview lasted about 25 minutes but you do need to get there about 30 minutes early to register your certificates and then wait outside the interview room - and you need this time to calm your nerves lol

Parking was fine at Magee but then I was there late afternoon

Where did you find out about the 3 weeks wait for UU offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending