The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

QUB/Magee Nursing 2015

Scroll to see replies

Just to let you all know you get your invite to interview via post for queens. If you are successful you will find out via ucas. And Queens more than often leave it until the deadline day for offers to go out to let you know if you have been successful or not!
So it's a massive test of patience.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Thank u very helpful. So interview by post and then if u pass interview u find out from ucas on deadline date? Have you any experience with Magee?
No problem :smile:
It's a nightmare the waiting game!
I don't know about magee tbh. I'm at Queens so can help on that front :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile
I just got this back from queens (I sent a message to their fb page) so we know not to expect anything this week....... we're hoping to start issuing interview letters in the next 2 weeks, but please be aware that we invite people in stages. This is because we sort through everyone's qualifications and give each application the attention it needs to ensure everyone is treated fairly. So what will happen is that we will send invitations in batches, and we'll continue to send batches out right up to the beginning of April. The batches are in no particular order, so you may know someone who gets an early invitation, and yours may arrive later. Depending on the batch and the stage in the process it may come either by post or by email. Hope this helps. Good luck! 😊
Every year there is speculation on how they send the interviews out etc if it's by name if it's by grades, etc. It isn't. It's just whose application they come to first.
So try and be patient and best of luck with it all!
Hi, I've applied to Magee and cannot wait to hear if I have got an interview or not. Hopefully we hear by next week ... fingers crossed xx
I emailed magee yesterday we won't hear yet. They plan to send them out in the next 2 weeks 👎👎
Reply 47
Does Anyone know if you get an offer from Magee after you pass the interview stage, say you meet the points (280) but don't get BB or above at the end of August will they change your place to unsuccessful? I'm really scared incase I don't get the other B I need in history :frown:
Reply 48
Original post by Dholmes
Does Anyone know if you get an offer from Magee after you pass the interview stage, say you meet the points (280) but don't get BB or above at the end of August will they change your place to unsuccessful? I'm really scared incase I don't get the other B I need in history :frown:

Entry requirements say 280 points to include two grade B. If you don't meet these your application will be unsuccessful as the offer you would have received would be a conditional offer on the basis that you meet entry requirements by the time the course begins.
Reply 49
Original post by derrynoid
Entry requirements say 280 points to include two grade B. If you don't meet these your application will be unsuccessful as the offer you would have received would be a conditional offer on the basis that you meet entry requirements by the time the course begins.

Thank you! :smile:, looks like Ill be wishing for a miracle :frown:
Reply 50
Original post by Dholmes
Thank you! :smile:, looks like Ill be wishing for a miracle :frown:

Did you apply anywhere else with lower requirements? Stay positive you still have time to focus on getting your grade up.
Reply 51
Original post by derrynoid
Did you apply anywhere else with lower requirements? Stay positive you still have time to focus on getting your grade up.

Yeah Dundee just, and they got back to me a couple weeks back and said I was unsuccessful for the next stage:frown: didn't even get a interview :frown: . UU is the one I want more, I'm currently doing the one year alevel course in belfast met, so we do both AS and A2 exams in June and my predicted grade is a B but my mock exams both came out as C's and I highly doubt ill get the B just because of the A2 exams, but I won't give up hope :smile:
Hi all ☺️ thank you for directing me to this post ☺️ Here has anyone heard anything at all?? Rejections or otherwise? Also does anyone know is level 2 essential skills maths still accepted?? I rang Magee and they said they are... But it just sounded like she was reading it out from the online page.
Queens letters are out from next week. Unsure about Magee. Queens does not accept essential skills only GCSE or a pass in NICATS maths.
Has anyone heard yet? It's wed I would hope some people will receive letters today

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nope nothing with me anyway 😔 anyone else???
Reply 56
Saw there were replies to this thread and thought someone might have heard lol I am on edge. No post with me today yet. Will it just be a letter in post or will they also email I wonder.
It's either or, that's what's driving me nuts everytime email dings on my phone my heart skips a beat lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Apparently they only send letters for interviews?? I've heard of a few people getting rejection emails though
Oh have u heard of anyone recently? I only heard of one girl who applied for nursing and midwifery getting a rejection for midwifery. Hope I don't get an email then

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending