The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

QUB/Magee Nursing 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Melwaite1982
That would be good if u could but I know what u mean getting licence is not cheap. Ah only 1 is a baby she's near 3 my eldest is 18 and then middle 2 are 9 and 11. Lot of travelling for u but it'll all be worth it in the end

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol aww cute. Yea well ya never know I might win the lottery between now and then. Of course it would help if i played lol.
Yea ofc , thats it 3 years of hard work but it will be all worth it.
Is this your first year applying? x
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Yes although magee has delayed results until after Easter. I have my queens on tues. My magee one went really well they were so nice to me and kept complimenting me on my achievements lol so I'm hoping its a good sign and wasn't all talk

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pinkprincess88
Lol Indeed.
Well I made my bed haha.
Honestly though all the guys who applied when I did last year, who would have been in my year all seem to love it , so that's a bonus I suppose.
Is it the same this year? As in wer,e interviews for Magee start of March and aiming for decisions end Of March/ start of April. With Queen's maybe not knowing until May/June?
How did you feel you got on at interviews? x

Yeah that's the same this year.....although some1 mentioned on here that Magee won't be letting us know until after Easter as they don't know available places yet!😕 they did tell us at interviews that it would be the 31st March so we don't really kno lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes although magee has delayed results until after Easter. I have my queens on tues. My magee one went really well they were so nice to me and kept complimenting me on my achievements lol so I'm hoping its a good sign and wasn't all talk

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awk thats a pity :smile: maybe there was more applying this year, for them to get through. Has interviews over at Magee now though?
That sounds supper positive from Magee, I doubt It was all talk.
Well good luck for tuesday?
I'm pritty sure they ask 5 questions also.
Awk thats a pity :smile: maybe there was more applying this year, for them to get through. Has interviews over at Magee now though?
That sounds supper positive from Magee, I doubt It was all talk.
Well good luck for tuesday?
I'm pritty sure they ask 5 questions also.

I've heard it's much the same thank u, at least it's taking my mind off magee results not being out yet. I know I was shocked how it went I was buzzing for about a week! Then the doubts set in the more time u have to think

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by garethfrew
Yeah that's the same this year.....although some1 mentioned on here that Magee won't be letting us know until after Easter as they don't know available places yet!������ they did tell us at interviews that it would be the 31st March so we don't really kno lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yea I just heard that. It's a shame and believe me I know the waiting is tough. I felt a sense of relief when I knew that the interviews were over though.
I wonder why that was? I'm unsure of excat numbers from last year, though it was something like 2000 applied 700-800 were invited to interview with 200 ish places available. 175 adult and 50 ish mental health. Please don't quote me though, such a bad memory lol.
I've heard it's much the same thank u, at least it's taking my mind off magee results not being out yet. I know I was shocked how it went I was buzzing for about a week! Then the doubts set in the more time u have to think

Posted from TSR Mobile

They sure do.
TBH I came out and just about managed to make it back to the car, burst into tears and cried the whole way home. I was sure I messed up and would not be offered a place.
And when I got the e-mail that my track had changed, I ran upstairs to brace my self for the bad news, and it turned out I was offered a conditional place :smile:
That's amazing though, love it when you think you've done badly and you really haven't. Well I'm gonna get the head down not long till the alarm lol. Speak later....night

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah well done!👍👍 we will be hoping for that same email! 🙈🙈

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's amazing though, love it when you think you've done badly and you really haven't. Well I'm gonna get the head down not long till the alarm lol. Speak later....night

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nps speak soon x
Yeah well done!������������ we will be hoping for that same email! ������������

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fingers crossed for you!!
Is it Adult or Mh you have applied for and is this your first year applying? x
Yeah it's my first year applying. I've applied for both adult and mental health in Magee and queens and children's in queens....so 5 in total!lol I figured with it being so competitive I would give myself a better chance!😕 that's the hope anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah it's my first year applying. I've applied for both adult and mental health in Magee and queens and children's in queens....so 5 in total!lol I figured with it being so competitive I would give myself a better chance!������ that's the hope anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile

Absolutely, though I do not envy you and your PS lol.
Making it apply to 4 branches couldn't have been easy. Hats off though you did it!!
What do you really want out all all your choices?
At first I was really swaying toward Children's as in the future I'dlove to work in NICU, however I didn't need to study Children's specifically for that. Either Paeds, Midwifery or Adult could lead to a job there. And the more I thought of the more I liked how diverse AN is. If I decide I wanted to dual train, I can do an 18 month conversion and be both Paeds ( any branch) and Adult trained. I'll never be stuck. I see AN as the foundation to all nursing, no matter what branch you decide every nurses foundation year will be general nursing based.
(edited 9 years ago)

Absolutely, though I do not envy you and your PS lol.
Making it apply to 4 branches couldn't have been easy. Hats off though you did it!!
What do you really want out all all your choices?
At first I was really swaying toward Children's as in the future I'dlove to work in NICU, however I didn't need to study Children's specifically for that. Either Paeds, Midwifery or Adult could lead to a job there. And the more I thought of the more I liked how diverse AN is. If I decide I wanted to dual train, I can do an 18 month conversion and be both Paeds ( any branch) and Adult trained. I'll never be stuck. I see AN as the foundation to all nursing, no matter what branch you decide every nurses foundation year will be general nursing based.

Tbh I would prefer adult nursing but the more the process goes on I think paeds would be fantastic. The lady that interviewed me in queens was from that background and def made it sound very appealing. My own background would be learning difficulties/ challenging behaviour in a social care setting so I have some experience of mh. Honestly if I get offered one I'll be the happiest man in the country! Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi @Pinkprincess88, congrats on getting your place on AN at Magee this year. This is the only one I have applied for so I really hope I get that lovely email confirming an offer x
Is there anyone still waiting for interview for qub? ImageUploadedByStudent Room1427717731.382206.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AoifeBass93
Is there anyone still waiting for interview for qub? ImageUploadedByStudent Room1427717731.382206.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep, Aoife, I am. It's alright girl, we can hang on in there! Do you reckon this batch tomorrow will be the last sent out?
I already had my interview for both unis. It's the waiting game for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I hope they surprise us and tell us today :confused:
I think we would have been notified if it was being delayed....I think (hope) we will hear today!🙏

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending