The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

QUB/Magee Nursing 2015

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys!

My name is Michael and I'm the editor for the Belfast branch of The Tab (http://thetab.com/uk/belfast/). We're part of The Tab online student newspaper that has branches in 59 universities in the UK & US. We get 3,000,000 views per month and our average article is read 8,000 times; So we're just like you're average student newspaper that keeps you informed on all the local goings-on, except we're nationwide.

For any of you looking for a bit more information about what it's like to live at QUB - or any of you that might be interested in building your CV and making some friendswhen you arrive by writing for us - follow the link to our website (http://thetab.com/uk/belfast/) or like our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/thetabbelfast?fref=ts) to read some stories and news of what it's like being a student here.

Hope to see you all at freshers!

Cheers,
Michael
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Original post by ambusrocks
Hey Everyone,
I started Adult Nursing at Queen's in February of this year and I was offered a place of the reserve list and I didn't hear until the 16th August 2014, so definitely do not give up hope!
If you have any questions about the course, fire away and I will try my best to help you's out! :biggrin: xx

Hi ambus did you hear by letter or phone call just noticed the 16th August was a sat last year x
I rang queens earlier. They said they start the process of picking candidates early Thursday. So we may know Thursday or Friday or even near to the start of uni.
Melwaite1982 what date does term usually start in September?

Posted from TSR Mobile
21st though the week before is freshers week as far as I know so like an induction week. Thanks aoife I thought they might start early thurs cause the Unis will know results before the candidates

Posted from TSR Mobile
The 21st is Freshers / Welcome Week. But for nursing students this is your induction week where you're in classes every day. 28th is when actual classes begin.
Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks for that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm new to this thread but I have been following it for a while. I'm also on the reserve list for adult nursing. Is it Thursday and Friday they start to take from the reserve list? Anyone know if they call or email. Queens aren't very good when it comes to giving information and considering the majority of nursing students are mature students with families and jobs it really sucks!!!
Original post by Carol8825
I'm new to this thread but I have been following it for a while. I'm also on the reserve list for adult nursing. Is it Thursday and Friday they start to take from the reserve list? Anyone know if they call or email. Queens aren't very good when it comes to giving information and considering the majority of nursing students are mature students with families and jobs it really sucks!!!

Hi Carol,
Think someone said they start on Thursday...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any one know is this the same for Magee??
Original post by Melwaite1982
Hi ambus did you hear by letter or phone call just noticed the 16th August was a sat last year x

Hiya Melwaite

It is usually by phonecall, but because i was working i didnt answer my mobile so they left me a voicemail to check my email inbox :smile:
So if they cant get you by phone they will email you :smile:
Good luck! X
Great thanks, I have no signal whatsoever in work

QUOTE=ambusrocks;58390663]Hiya Melwaite

It is usually by phonecall, but because i was working i didnt answer my mobile so they left me a voicemail to check my email inbox :smile:
So if they cant get you by phone they will email you :smile:
Good luck! X
Good luck tomorrow guys! Let's hope we hear something.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have not been following this post for a while but have a few questions if anyone can help. I am just waiting on my GSCE biology results next week and i am on the waiting list for Magee for this year and still holding out hope that i get offered a place :smile:. Is anyone else in the same position at all and if so have you heard anything from Magee??
Has anyone gotten a phone call/email from queens yet? 😐
It's like Christmas Day. You don't know what to expect.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you think it's true that there are 300 people on the reserve list..seen it on an old post
Do you think it's true that there are 300 people on the reserve list..seen it on an old post

Is that for Magee or QUB
Think it was for queens.. Seems like a lot
Reply 1597
Just to let anyone know that's on Magee's reserve list, I just rang them and have been told it will be Monday at the earliest that applicants will know providing there are spaces.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Think it was for queens.. Seems like a lot

It does seem like an awful lot but great to have that little bit of an extra chance to get in somewhere :smile:
Original post by anndoc
Just to let anyone know that's on Magee's reserve list, I just rang them and have been told it will be Monday at the earliest that applicants will know providing there are spaces.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for that :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending