The Student Room Group

From Foundation Year to Maths degree course

Has any one of you entered your maths degree course through Foundation Year (Year-0)? If yes, can you tell me about your experience?:
1) Did you find getting the necessary marks for progression into maths degree course from Foundation Year easy or difficult?
2) What was your educational background before entering the Foundation Year? Had you done any A-Level (or similar level) maths before?
3) How did you do in the year-1 of maths degree course? Did you find yourself at, more or less, the same level as your fellow students who had come directly from A-Level? Did your Foundation Year need more hard working or the year-1 of your maths degree course?

Thank you in advance four your answers.
Hey, just giving this thread a bump :bump: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help you get more responses. :yy:

If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university! You can also find a list of applicant threads and courses here. :h:
Reply 2
Original post by Tyler Bam
Hey, just giving this thread a bump :bump: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university
or course forum should help you get more responses. :yy:

If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university! You can also find a list of applicant threads and courses here. :h:

I did a science foundation year, then switched to nat sci. A maths lecturer told me that in general those who went into maths from the fy struggled at first. But by Christmas they were doing pretty well. They worked harder.
I did have a B in A level maths but from decades earlier.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending