The Student Room Group

The FA Cup Thread 14/15

Scroll to see replies

I was gutted I couldn't get a ticket for the Bradford game (I went to the last game), but that was dreary.

In all fairness they can't help the pitch, the ground is on a hillside with a cold wind blowing down the valley, the pitch is exposed to the elements and erodes badly. You could lay fresh Wembley turf and employ Southampton's groundsman to maintain it but it'll still end up like that after a harsh winter.
The Valley Parade pitch looks rotten.
Jermaine Jenas alongside shearer today, great. Nice chap but you know.

If this becomes a bore fest and goes into a replay or something I would
be disappointed. Come on Villa. I like West Brom but #TeamTim :biggrin:

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2013-14/may/arsenal-southampton-grounds-teams-win-pitch-award.html
Ahh yeah Bradford's pitch looked slightly better today though. They can hire our groundsmen, world class.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by sr90
To think some people were moaning at the BBC for not showing it :lol:

BT chose the right game to give a freeview then.
Bradford or Reading vs Aston Villa
Manchester United or Arsenal vs Liverpool
(that's the semi-finals the media want)

...or maybe not. Villa fans could be denying their team passage to the semi-finals. Because of that.
(edited 9 years ago)
The **** is up with villa fans. Don't cock it up now!
"Loads of villages have lost their idiots tonight"
Feels like I've just watched the end of a final tbh. Smh.
Villa fans have ruined the game.
Shut up you ****ing crybabies. How dare we show passion. We just won a derby for the second time in a week and are going to Wembley for a semi final. Do you want us to politely clap and take selfies ffs.

Support tonight was magnificent and we've had four years of ****. Let us enjoy the moment.
Neither of my predictions came right today. Starting to doubt a Liverpool/Arsenal double tomorrow/Monday...
Original post by Wilfred Little
Shut up you ****ing crybabies. How dare we show passion. We just won a derby for the second time in a week and are going to Wembley for a semi final. Do you want us to politely clap and take selfies ffs.

Support tonight was magnificent and we've had four years of ****. Let us enjoy the moment.

Fair response imo. Quite a nice change to see Aston Villa demonstrate anything other than apathy.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
x

:smile:

Original post by Mackay
Fair response imo. Quite a nice change to see Aston Villa demonstrate anything other than apathy.

Been a great week. Not being funny but is this not what the FA Cup is about - passion?

Giggs vs Arsenal, pitch invasion during the game, at Villa Park. An iconic moment in the cup with fans invading the pitch but that's fine. We do it after a miserable four years and we're the scum of the earth, and have ruined the game.

ffs.
:smile:

Been a great week. Not being funny but is this not what the FA Cup is about - passion?

Giggs vs Arsenal, pitch invasion during the game, at Villa Park. An iconic moment in the cup with fans invading the pitch but that's fine. We do it after a miserable four years and we're the scum of the earth, and have ruined the game.

ffs.

Lol I dunno tbh. The first pitch invasion was unecessary imo but then the second one felt ott. Now that I've seen this perspective then fair enough. It's all been doom and gloom at Villa Park recently so some jubilation was great to see anyway :smile:
Not bad play from the Bantams, but we'll see what happens in the replay. When is the replay ? Will it be on TV ?
Original post by IMBCFC
Not bad play from the Bantams, but we'll see what happens in the replay. When is the replay ? Will it be on TV ?

May be the only match going to a replay, so I'd assume so.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Lol I dunno tbh. The first pitch invasion was unecessary imo but then the second one felt ott. Now that I've seen this perspective then fair enough. It's all been doom and gloom at Villa Park recently so some jubilation was great to see anyway :smile:

They got booed for the first one and to be fair that was unnecessary. **** it we won anyway. Happy days.
Original post by Mackay
May be the only match going to a replay, so I'd assume so.

Thats good, dont really want to travel down south on a weekday.
Original post by IMBCFC
Thats good, dont really want to travel down south on a weekday.

Heck of a long way as well.

Still hope Bradford do it via the replay, but I'd fancy Reading to be in the final four now. Will be interesting if they draw Villa, leaving Liverpool to take on United/Arsenal.

Of course, if Blackburn beat Liverpool, I'd rather a Blackburn vs. Reading/Bradford semi.

Quick Reply

Latest