The Student Room Group

Full Sociology Degrees With Foundation Year? Help?

Hey, so I'm looking to go to university next year to study a sociology degree, maybe sociology and criminology or sociology and social policy.

I've been looking for degrees with foundation years at good universities as I messed up a bit in A-levels last year

Sociology - B
Politics - C
Geography - D

I've now dropped geography and left it as an AS and picked up AS Media Studies.

I've found a course at Essex which requires 180 UCAS points ( I have 140 if I'm correct)

Also Leeds have a Foundation year that doesn't require A- level but they must like you at the interview or something.

Any advice or anyone know of other uni's like this taking my grades into account, thanks!
Hey, sorry to see you haven't had any replies to your thread yet. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help get more responses. :redface:

If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university! You can also find a list of applicant threads and courses here. :h: It's worth checking out if you have questions.

If you need advice on your academic work, then the Study Help section will be able to help you. :h: Hope this helps! :h:
So, if I understand you correctly, next year you'll have two A-levels and two AS? Because if you match your AS grades at A2 for Sociology and Politics, you'll have 180 points, plus 30 from the D in Geography, plus whatever you get in Media. So you'll actually be in a better position than you think.
Reply 3
That's correct loperdoper and yeah maybe but I kind of want to go to one of the top rated ones and feel like a foundation year is my only way in

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending