The Student Room Group

King's college DENTISTRY 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

stats?
Reply 1461
Has anyone else been given an offer this late in the year???? in JULY?? i just have! dskfjdskjfh
Original post by zvhra
Has anyone else been given an offer this late in the year???? in JULY?? i just have! dskfjdskjfh

Wow congrats! Did you initially get rejected or have you been on hold this whole time?
hi guys regarding this health clearance thing, should we expect a reply to the email or assume we got the date we asked for? i replied to the email on the 27/6 and heard nothing back yet regarding my appointment.
Reply 1464
Reply 1465
Original post by Hjdental
Wow congrats! Did you initially get rejected or have you been on hold this whole time?

They rejected me in May, I had rejections all round and I was ready to apply for another course like optometry via UCAS extra but then this happened!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zvhra
They rejected me in May, I had rejections all round and I was ready to apply for another course like optometry via UCAS extra but then this happened!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's amazing! did they say why or just more places?
Reply 1467
Original post by Hjdental
That's amazing! did they say why or just more places?

No reason was given, no idea !😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1468
anyone applying for colin hancock bursary?
what is the official start date?
What are your GCSEs?
Calling all who have secured places for Sept 2015 -

*** Please can you share your AS level grades and your final A2 level grades. ***

This will really help me decide whether I should apply this year (I'm about to start A2 studies) or take a gap year, then apply with my full A Level results. Thank you! :smile:
Could you please say what your AS results are? What's your UKCAT score, work experience? Thanks
Original post by smiley180
Calling all who have secured places for Sept 2015 -

*** Please can you share your AS level grades and your final A2 level grades. ***

This will really help me decide whether I should apply this year (I'm about to start A2 studies) or take a gap year, then apply with my full A Level results. Thank you! :smile:
Original post by whynot2014
Could you please say what your AS results are? What's your UKCAT score, work experience? Thanks

Hi there,
I got AABC in geography, history, biology (which I'm getting re-marked) and chemistry respectively. I hope to get A*AB next year in geography, biology and chemistry.
I've done work experience in a private dental practice and by the time I apply I will have worked in an NHS practice or hospital too. I'm currently also volunteering in a local charity shop.
I haven't taken the UKCAT yet.
Hi my as level grades are A in maths, A in epq, B in biology, B in physics and C in chemistry. I am 5 us off from a B and will be remarking. I have my ukcat later in September do I stand a chance of getting into dental school.
As you know this course is very competitive, there are hundreds of applicants who will have 3 A's predicted or achieved.
B and C in Bio and Chem at AS levels doesn't make a good impression at all.
This is where your UKCAT score becomes important, if for example you achieve 750 score. Volunteer work in a charity shop is good but they prefer long term care home volunteer work.
You need to have 3 A's along with strong personal statement, good amount of work experience and a high UKCAT score.
It's your choice if you think you should apply this year or not, once you've reviewed your application
Guys do you think I stand a realistic chance of applying to kings after doing a gap year. They say on their requirements that taking both chem and bio to A2 isn't necessary but the one you do drop has to be at grade A. Does that mean if I get A's in say bio, economics and psychology and then an A in chem AS, I could stand a fair chance of getting an offer ? My gcse profile is average ( 4 A*'s, 7 A's,1 B and a distinction). Any previous offer holders your opinions would be great :smile:
All of the universities require 3 A's including Bio and Chemistry
What's your saying is confusing
Original post by whynot2014
All of the universities require 3 A's including Bio and Chemistry
What's your saying is confusing

3 A's at A2 levels
Hi there! :smile: :smile:

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

I just did my ukcat and got an average of 658 which i am not sure about. My other stats are 9 A*s and 3 As for GCSE , i got AAAA for as and i am predicted A*A*A.

I have done 6 months of volunteering at a hospital, 4 months volunteering at a charity shop and had a job working with children for 2 years. i am securing dental work experience hopefully soon!

Do you think it would be worth applying to King's. Would the other stuff that i have done compensate for the low Ukcat score, where else would you suggest i should consider?
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest