The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Does CAS diaries mean the Self-Eval forms?
Reply 61
Deus
Does CAS diaries mean the Self-Eval forms?

I doubt it does.

It's probably just a record the students keep of the hours theyve done so far... bit like the Duke Of Edinburgh Award has that diary of activity hours youve completed :wink:
Reply 62
Damn you CAS!! I can't stress that enough.
I don't have a diary.
Reply 63
Deus
Damn you CAS!! I can't stress that enough.
I don't have a diary.

Its not compulsory.. just some schools choose to do it so that they can keep tabs on what the students are doing and how far they are with their hours completion :smile:
yeah. it's like a quickly glance at hte number of hours without having to flick through the evaluations.
Reply 65
I thought that was the Final Summary form.... No way am I going to write a diary.
we didnt do a final summary form funnily enough. or maybe our CAS coordinator did it for us. the thing is I remember the year before me the people had to do a CAS summary at hte end and somehow we didn't have to.
Reply 67
Deus
I thought that was the Final Summary form.... No way am I going to write a diary.

You have to do a final summary form for the IBO

Diaries are not compulsory.. its a feature that is implemented in certain schools to check on your progress for CAS. So you dont have to do a diary unless your school tells you to!
Reply 68
Well IB is not tough but alot of work... which kill me...
Im in a bording school so i baerly have anytime to study as all extra actives are forced upon us...

I have my half yearly's coming up in da next 4 days and i am not prepared...
I am Really confused about the quote sheet in ENGLISH (HL)... i've got 5 books to do ...
HELP ME PLS>>>
quote sheet? what quote sheet?
Reply 70
HMSChocolate
quote sheet? what quote sheet?

well quote sheet is quotes from the book..which are very important for one to kno... during da exam when answering da question u should always quote... that wat we r said in class...
yeah, I know you have to quote but when you said quote sheet I was under the impression that you get an actual sheet of papers with quotes...I'm literal, yeah. :p:

anyway, quotes...remember key quotes and phrases if you can. DO NOT just sit and memorise quotes to have them for the exams. plenty of good essays could be written without quoting a bunch of things but relating to relevant situations in the text. really, the IB knows you're in the exam without the books, so they wont expect massive quotes. but in the process of studying, the catchier quotes should stick in your head anyway.

did that help?
Reply 72
HMSChocolate
yeah, I know you have to quote but when you said quote sheet I was under the impression that you get an actual sheet of papers with quotes...I'm literal, yeah. :p:

anyway, quotes...remember key quotes and phrases if you can. DO NOT just sit and memorise quotes to have them for the exams. plenty of good essays could be written without quoting a bunch of things but relating to relevant situations in the text. really, the IB knows you're in the exam without the books, so they wont expect massive quotes. but in the process of studying, the catchier quotes should stick in your head anyway.

did that help?

yea it did ... thankz... had me exam today... n it went well
Reply 73
Life of an IB student.

Lots of work and stuff.

This week has been very hard. Its amazing, i've been living off Coffee and bread for about 5 days. And going to bed every night at 2am.
By Firday I was wasted. Couldn't think, every trip to the loo was a trip to hell.
LOL

I guess, nearing the end of term its meant to get mad. Exams and stuff.
Reply 74
danglenister
If I could show you my folders, you'd see that folder organisation is not at the top of my agenda. Also, CAS sheets i havent even started yet (first half term of year 13 nearly done :p:) I spend about 4-5 hours a night reading stuff on the internet or on msn (whilst doing homework sometimes). Most homeworks I dont bother with (waste of time) others I just do in school when I can (usually at lunch time).

And I'm still predicted quite high grades (enough to tempt a try at Cambridge :p:)

Ditto

PS: just found out i got 19/20 on my TOK presentation!
Reply 75
cuth
Ditto

PS: just found out i got 19/20 on my TOK presentation!

Don't mean to steal your glory but I also just found out I got 20/20! :eek: :redface: :p:

But both equal the same grade so congratulations! A's for us! :smile:

Now if only I could get my ToK essay as good.
Reply 76
Deus
Don't mean to steal your glory but I also just found out I got 20/20! :eek: :redface: :p:

DAMN YOU!!!!!

just kidding, well done:biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending