The Student Room Group

What universities accept IBCP Students?

I'm looking to study English (either both English Language and English Literature or just one of the two) and either Film/Media studies in University. Currently I'm on my second year of the IBCP course so I need to find universities that accept IBCP students, anyone know of any?
Original post by shtootmcboot
I'm looking to study English (either both English Language and English Literature or just one of the two) and either Film/Media studies in University. Currently I'm on my second year of the IBCP course so I need to find universities that accept IBCP students, anyone know of any?

Hi @shtootmcboot

I'm Susannah and I am a second year student at ARU. If I understand you correctly, by IBCP you mean the IB Career-related Program. If so, I did that too so you can definitely be sure that ARU take IB students. In fact most universities do if their entry requirements only require UCAS points. It's certainly good in looking on university websites at the courses you want to study, and if you're still not too sure, you can always contact the university admissions office to find out.

I hope this helps and good luck in finding your university :smile:

Susannah (ARU)
Reply 2
If its not on the website (look under the IB entry requirement for each course) then email each Uni, including the exact title of the BTEC or the 'other qualification', and ask.
Reply 3
Original post by ARUStudents
Hi @shtootmcboot

I'm Susannah and I am a second year student at ARU. If I understand you correctly, by IBCP you mean the IB Career-related Program. If so, I did that too so you can definitely be sure that ARU take IB students. In fact most universities do if their entry requirements only require UCAS points. It's certainly good in looking on university websites at the courses you want to study, and if you're still not too sure, you can always contact the university admissions office to find out.

I hope this helps and good luck in finding your university :smile:

Susannah (ARU)

Oh yeah sorry I should have specified that, yes I do mean the career-related IB program. By ARU, do you mean Anglia Ruskin University?
Oh yeah sorry I should have specified that, yes I do mean the career-related IB program. By ARU, do you mean Anglia Ruskin University?

Hi @shtootmcboot

Sorry for the late reply. Yes I did mean Anglia Ruskin University.

Susannah (ARU)

Hiya! :smile:

That sounds like an interesting choice of courses :biggrin: You should definitely check out De Montfort University (DMU), as it does offer all of them and accept IB qualifications! Besides, there are many more reasons why DMU is a fabulous place and much more it actually has to offer.

You can read all about English Literature, English Language, Media, and Film Studies along with entry criteria. If something is not clear or you have any questions, let me know :wink:

I hope you will find that helpful! You can also chat with me and other students through The Ambassador Platform.

Wish you all the best!

Julia :h:
Psychology student
De Montfort University

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending