The Student Room Group

Flat or uni halls? (Glasgow first year student)

Hi everyone! :smile:

I've just received an offer from the University of Glasgow (my first choice :biggrin:), and I'm now looking at student accommodations. What's better for a first year student, uni halls or private flat?

I'm thinking of applying for student accommodation, but the fact is that prices are very high (more or less £400 per month). I'm an international student, so I cannot access maintenance grants/loans, which is kind of a problem for me, because I come from a low-income household. I'm obviously going to look for a part-time job, but not immediately, because I think I'll need time to fit in.

On the other hand private flats are cheaper, though I don't know anyone I could possibly share a flat with. I mean, you need to make friends first.

What do you think? Anyone from Glasgow who can advise me?
Hey, sorry to see you haven't had any replies to your thread yet. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help get more responses. :redface:

If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university! You can also find a list of applicant threads and courses here. :h: It's worth checking out if you have questions.

If you need advice on your academic work, then the Study Help section will be able to help you. :h: Hope this helps! :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending