The Student Room Group

Vet Med 2024 Glasgow

Hiya, I was wondering if anyone would know my chances of being accepted to Vet med for 2024 entry? I achieved just under the grades last year for my highers but was told to apply anyway as they are not getting the uptake for the course. I have also completed the reach access course with Glasgow and have nearly 100 hours work experience. It’s now almost March and still haven’t heard anything back, no rejection, nothing. I understand my chances are slim to none but still hold hope. Does anyone know if they would even consider my application or have I got my hopes up to much?
I also applied for the Vet Bio course at Glasgow and haven’t heard anything back from that either :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by oliviamary
Hiya, I was wondering if anyone would know my chances of being accepted to Vet med for 2024 entry? I achieved just under the grades last year for my highers but was told to apply anyway as they are not getting the uptake for the course. I have also completed the reach access course with Glasgow and have nearly 100 hours work experience. It’s now almost March and still haven’t heard anything back, no rejection, nothing. I understand my chances are slim to none but still hold hope. Does anyone know if they would even consider my application or have I got my hopes up to much?
I also applied for the Vet Bio course at Glasgow and haven’t heard anything back from that either :smile:

Did you receive the SJT from Glasgow? Did you receive an interview?
Reply 2
Original post by Sneezysneezy
Did you receive the SJT from Glasgow? Did you receive an interview?

I haven’t heard anything at all regarding the vet school. I have two unconditional offers for zoology and marine bio but that’s all. Just found it weird I hadn’t even been rejected yet
Reply 3
Hello!

I literally just heard from them a few moments ago (offer🙂 ) and I had a lot of concerns about the wait which was really long too. Hope you hear back soon!
Reply 4
Original post by vm923
Hello!

I literally just heard from them a few moments ago (offer🙂 ) and I had a lot of concerns about the wait which was really long too. Hope you hear back soon!
THATS AMAZING!!!!! Should be so proud of yourself 🫶. The wait is killing me, if you’re gonna reject me, just make it quick lol
Original post by vm923
Hello!

Well done on your offer, can I ask if you’re a Scottish applicant?
Original post by vm923
Hello!

THATS AMAZING!!!!! Should be so proud of yourself 🫶. The wait is killing me, if you’re gonna reject me, just make it quick lol

What were your higher grades? I think with reach you can get in with AAABB or AAAAC
Reply 7
Original post by Saffronnn•

What were your higher grades? I think with reach you can get in with AAABB or AAAACI got AABBC ☹️ . I was predicted straight As but went through a hard time during my exams. I just found it weird I hadn’t even been rejected yet 🤷*♀️
Reply 8
Thank you so so much ❤️ ! I think they said they will respond 2-4 weeks after an interview or in that time frame. I completely empathise with you on that, the wait is always awful— for another application I’ve been put “on-hold” and I wish they’d actually just tell me the decision soon :’)
Reply 9
Hello!

Well done on your offer, can I ask if you’re a Scottish applicant?Hi, thank you! I am an international applicant— did my interview on the 6th of February!

What were your higher grades? I think with reach you can get in with AAABB or AAAAC
I got AABBC ☹️ . I was predicted straight As but went through a hard time during my exams. I just found it weird I hadn’t even been rejected yet 🤷*♀️

Ohh yeah it’s weird they haven’t maybe there’s still hope, also an alternative if you can afford it is rvc gateway bc after the foundation year you are guaranteed an interview at Glasgow and Edinburgh.
Reply 11
I got AABBC ☹️ . I was predicted straight As but went through a hard time during my exams. I just found it weird I hadn’t even been rejected yet 🤷*♀️

Ohh yeah it’s weird they haven’t maybe there’s still hope, also an alternative if you can afford it is rvc gateway bc after the foundation year you are guaranteed an interview at Glasgow and Edinburgh.Oh? I was told I had to complete the 2 or 3 year course and it was only for access to the rvc for vet med ?

Ohh yeah it’s weird they haven’t maybe there’s still hope, also an alternative if you can afford it is rvc gateway bc after the foundation year you are guaranteed an interview at Glasgow and Edinburgh.
Oh? I was told I had to complete the 2 or 3 year course and it was only for access to the rvc for vet med ?

Maybe email rvc and check but when I asked them they said it got an interview at Glasgow, Edi and two other English ones after completing the first year of the 6year course
Reply 13
Oh? I was told I had to complete the 2 or 3 year course and it was only for access to the rvc for vet med ?

Maybe email rvc and check but when I asked them they said it got an interview at Glasgow, Edi and two other English ones after completing the first year of the 6year courseDefos will!!!! I was told by the teacher that does the UCAS it was just for there but thank you !!!!

Maybe email rvc and check but when I asked them they said it got an interview at Glasgow, Edi and two other English ones after completing the first year of the 6year course
Defos will!!!! I was told by the teacher that does the UCAS it was just for there but thank you !!!!

I just checked the website and this is what it says

The following universities currently guarantee interview to those on the RVC's Gateway year: Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Liverpool.
Reply 15
Original post by vm923
Hello!

Hi, my daughter also got an offer from Glasgow last week. She is an international applicant 😃
Has there been any groupchats made for offer holders for Glasgow yet? like snapchat or whatsapp groups?
Original post by willful-mess
Has there been any groupchats made for offer holders for Glasgow yet? like snapchat or whatsapp groups?

Not sure if there has as the offers are new and probs still more coming
Not sure if there has as the offers are new and probs still more coming
Fair. I want to decide between liverpool and glasgow and I feel like the gc vibe will help in judging so trying to find some kinda groupchat or at least some people who are planning on going
Original post by willful-mess
Fair. I want to decide between liverpool and glasgow and I feel like the gc vibe will help in judging so trying to find some kinda groupchat or at least some people who are planning on going

Yeah, have you been to the campus

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending