The Student Room Group

Uni and 2 a levels?

I'm in my first year of college I started with Geography, Psychology and Media. I hated media so I dropped it in the first few months so now I am only doing Geography and Psychology.

Next year I am going to pick up a new AS so i will be doing 2 A2's and 1 AS, however I am not wanting to do an extra year, so do many uni's accept 2 A levels and 1 AS??

Of course there are many universities that will accept 2 A-Levels and 1 AS, but with the exception of russell group universities (such as University of Birmingham, Oxford and Cambridge) only. You will find that universities such as University of Wolverhampton or University of Worcester accept UCAS tariff points. E.g. to do a law degree at University of Worcester, their requirements might state that they accept 200 UCAS points equivalent to 2 a-levels atleast and 1 as or a btec equivalent that will make up for the points.

So to answer your question, you'll be fine. Just work really hard to avoid doing an extra year and it will pay off in the end.:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest