The Student Room Group

Failing

Failed 2 of my a levels which was biology and maths. I’m wondering whether to do a level accounting and business in a year by studying harder(self study) and I want to do an accounting and finance degree In uni. I would have a bit of knowledge in these 2 as I have done my economics a level. I don’t want to resit as I don’t want to touch them subjects again as they were hard( I got basically forced to pick them for y12). Would it be possible to apply to uni with 2 a levels from next year and one from this year.

Was also wondering whether to do an aat apprenticeship level 2 but I’m not sure if I’m ready for the 9-5 just yet.

Any advice appreciated
Reply 1
Original post by John_364
Failed 2 of my a levels which was biology and maths. I’m wondering whether to do a level accounting and business in a year by studying harder(self study) and I want to do an accounting and finance degree In uni. I would have a bit of knowledge in these 2 as I have done my economics a level. I don’t want to resit as I don’t want to touch them subjects again as they were hard( I got basically forced to pick them for y12). Would it be possible to apply to uni with 2 a levels from next year and one from this year.

Was also wondering whether to do an aat apprenticeship level 2 but I’m not sure if I’m ready for the 9-5 just yet.

Any advice appreciated

You would be able to apply for uni next year, however what university would you be aiming for?

If you are aiming for top universities they most likely will prefer a high A-Level Maths grade over A-Level Accounting or Business.

It is possible to do two A-Levels in a year however you will be responsible for your own studying and will have to pay exam fees and find a centre that will allow you to sit the papers. It may be costly.
Reply 2
Original post by Aceful
You would be able to apply for uni next year, however what university would you be aiming for?

If you are aiming for top universities they most likely will prefer a high A-Level Maths grade over A-Level Accounting or Business.

It is possible to do two A-Levels in a year however you will be responsible for your own studying and will have to pay exam fees and find a centre that will allow you to sit the papers. It may be costly.

I don’t mind going to any university that’s decent doesn’t have to be Russel group.Bcc entry requirements are fine by me I just don’t want to be doing a foundation year and the price doesn’t matter to me.
Reply 3
Original post by John_364

I don’t mind going to any university that’s decent doesn’t have to be Russel group.Bcc entry requirements are fine by me I just don’t want to be doing a foundation year and the price doesn’t matter to me.

Why don't you want to do a foundation year?
Reply 4
I would consider all your options and see which suits your learning style best you say your not ready for an apprenticeship but they can be good for people who learn by doing things with additional learning bolted on and that employer will more likely look after you and push you to complete more learning and may even fund a uni course while your working.

I would take a step back consider your options, weigh up the pros and cons and then go forward and try discussing it with trusted people who can offer sound advice maybe even tutors and teachers at school they are there to support you as well.

Hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest