The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
layla*
Watch the film. It's much better.

'Stellaaaaaaaa'

:biggrin:

Lol! I remember that when that was read in class- :mad: the person doing it didn't do it properly.:huff: So when we were talking about tone of that, I felt obliged to roar it out how I thought the tone should be.:biggrin:
Reply 81
layla*
Watch the film. It's much better.

'Stellaaaaaaaa'

:biggrin:

:rofl: classic :p: Doesn't matter how crap you are at paying Stanley, it would be hard to bugger up that line :p: x
Reply 82
Haha, that's the only line in the play where I remembered it clearly. The rest is history :p:
Reply 83
haha, we role-played that scene in class with two of the drama students - the guy was like "do i have to bellow it?" and god, he did!! lol
Reply 84
I had to do A Streetcar Named Desire for AS (and then I had to retake during the A2 year becase I completely messed up the exam question the first time!).

But I really liked the play. In fact, I liked it so much, maybe I bought my own copy to keep... :rolleyes:
Reply 85
Serenity87
I had to do A Streetcar Named Desire for AS (and then I had to retake during the A2 year becase I completely messed up the exam question the first time!).

But I really liked the play. In fact, I liked it so much, maybe I bought my own copy to keep... :rolleyes:

haha lol good for you :p: i have to buy all me own books for college :frown: lol. What exam q did you get? x
Reply 86
Vicky88
haha, we role-played that scene in class with two of the drama students - the guy was like "do i have to bellow it?" and god, he did!! lol

:rofl: i love it when boys don't care about reading plays in english and some of them just go for it lol. weedy boy in my class said 'stella' in a really stupid, timid way, basically, imagine how it should be done, think of the EXACT opposite, and that's how he did it :p: lol x
Reply 87
LadyEnglish
haha lol good for you :p: i have to buy all me own books for college :frown: lol. What exam q did you get? x

The first exam question was about the relationship of the two sisters I think, which I found too hard to write about that I rambled, which I probably why I failed it. :rolleyes:
Wheras on my retake, it was about themes and motifs running through the play, which I found much easier to get to grips with as there are plenty of themes and motifs to be found in A Streetcar Named Desire. :smile:
Reply 88
Serenity87
The first exam question was about the relationship of the two sisters I think, which I found too hard to write about that I rambled, which I probably why I failed it. :rolleyes:
Wheras on my retake, it was about themes and motifs running through the play, which I found much easier to get to grips with as there are plenty of themes and motifs to be found in A Streetcar Named Desire. :smile:

Hmm i'd prefer neither of those lol, my perfect question 'discuss blanche's character throughout the book' lol, id talk for england :p: x
Reply 89
LadyEnglish
Hmm i'd prefer neither of those lol, my perfect question 'discuss blanche's character throughout the book' lol, id talk for england :p: x

I like the discuss questions, but I didn't get on very well with talking about Blanche's character, so I don't think I would have liked to attempt that question really.
I could talk for England when I really get going with a question. I hate the feeling when your wrists and fingers hurt from writing as fast as you can but you can't slow down because there's so much more you want to get written down before the time's up.
Reply 90
Serenity87
I like the discuss questions, but I didn't get on very well with talking about Blanche's character, so I don't think I would have liked to attempt that question really.
I could talk for England when I really get going with a question. I hate the feeling when your wrists and fingers hurt from writing as fast as you can but you can't slow down because there's so much more you want to get written down before the time's up.

I knooow! its annoying lol. I had to wear my arm in a sling after my exams, especially english and media because i had strained my arm and wrist so much from writing lol i could barely flex my hand :p: it was worth it though! :biggrin: lol x
Reply 91
LadyEnglish
I knooow! its annoying lol. I had to wear my arm in a sling after my exams, especially english and media because i had strained my arm and wrist so much from writing lol i could barely flex my hand :p: it was worth it though! :biggrin: lol x

Something similar happened to me. After one day of 6 hours of exams all one after he other, I couldn't move or use my right hand or indeed my whole arm for DAYS afterwards! It was even so tender and throbbing when I didn't move it or put any pressure on it! Did mean alot of hot water bottles and hot chocolates though.:biggrin:

Does anyone else find that in the latter part of the exam that all your muscles in your legs, arms and chest seize up, your blood sugar level drops really rapidly as in you can actually feel it, and you feel all faint and as if you're going to faint and have a seizure? Because I always do and I hate feeling like that. Just wonder whether I should mention it before the exam or to my doctor/be worried?^o)

My Streetcar exam question was something along the lines of "to what extent is Blanche a heroine/Blanche is a heroine...". Yes, you can see how well I remember the wording of that question...:rolleyes::p:
Reply 92
That sounds quite serious - maybe see a doctor?

I think I'd like a question about themes and motifs if I was doing this at A2 too. The Blanche being a heroine question is quite nice. :smile:
Reply 93
Elements
Something similar happened to me. After one day of 6 hours of exams all one after he other, I couldn't move or use my right hand or indeed my whole arm for DAYS afterwards! It was even so tender and throbbing when I didn't move it or put any pressure on it! Did mean alot of hot water bottles and hot chocolates though.:biggrin:

Does anyone else find that in the latter part of the exam that all your muscles in your legs, arms and chest seize up, your blood sugar level drops really rapidly as in you can actually feel it, and you feel all faint and as if you're going to faint and have a seizure? Because I always do and I hate feeling like that. Just wonder whether I should mention it before the exam or to my doctor/be worried?^o)

My Streetcar exam question was something along the lines of "to what extent is Blanche a heroine/Blanche is a heroine...". Yes, you can see how well I remember the wording of that question...:rolleyes::p:

My arm starts to seize up but nothing else :confused: you should tell a doctor, get a note, then get extra time in your exam :biggrin: lol x
Reply 94
We studied that in English... I thought it was good but didn't really like it because I thought it was a bit depressing. It managed to get me an A though so for that I thank it lol!!

I loved learning about all the symbolism and motifs and everything though.. they were hidden everywhere.. it was interesting going through it and suddenly realising them.
Reply 95
LadyEnglish
My arm starts to seize up but nothing else :confused: you should tell a doctor, get a note, then get extra time in your exam :biggrin: lol x

Hehe- yes, definitely. Should give me more time to write another 10 sides or so.:biggrin: I hear you both though, will definitely say something about it. A bit difficult to prove to them though unless they simulate an exam just for me to see the effects I mean.

How much do you folks tend to write?
Reply 96
Lou_
We studied that in English... I thought it was good but didn't really like it because I thought it was a bit depressing. It managed to get me an A though so for that I thank it lol!!

I loved learning about all the symbolism and motifs and everything though.. they were hidden everywhere.. it was interesting going through it and suddenly realising them.

Yes, symbolism and motifs are interesting.:five: And not just for this book either.
Reply 97
Elements
Hehe- yes, definitely. Should give me more time to write another 10 sides or so.:biggrin: I hear you both though, will definitely say something about it. A bit difficult to prove to them though unless they simulate an exam just for me to see the effects I mean.

How much do you folks tend to write?

In an hour, 7-14 pages, in 3 hours, 21 :biggrin: (Legendary Media Exam :p: lol)

You may have RSI, it's what i had (Repetetive Strain Injury) Kind of self explanatory, but a little wikipedia explanation never hurts! :biggrin:

Wikipedia says: Overuse of the computer, guitar, knife or similar motion or tool. It is an occupational overuse syndrome affecting muscles, tendons and nerves in the arms.
Prevention! self-massage is sometimes helpful, Stretches (for less acute pain and general maintenance). Personally i just let it die away, took a few days out of computing and writing and it went away. Me muscles are more fragile now though so i get it a lot more easily but oh well :frown: its msn thats done it! lol but yeah, nurofens and time and you'll be aaall better :biggrin: x

Latest

Trending

Trending