The Student Room Group

Help with A level English literature

Hello, I’ve just started a level English lit and I’m a bit confused by my recent assignment. It says “Design your own set for A Streetcar Named Desire.” and I’m quite unsure as to what it means by design my own set because I’m pretty new to this. Can someone please help me out? I would truly appreciate it!
Reply 1
hey,
i don’t study lit but i do study Drama. since streetcar is a play, im guessing they want you to create a set for it as if you were staging it, so drawing/ creating an image of a stage with props and set which links to the plot and context. im not familiar with the plot of streetcar but say if it’s a play set in a forest there might be large dark green trees and leaves on the back wall, there might be a set of prison bars for a character who is imprisoned, or a flying rig for a character which is magical (ofc this is all random, not related to the plot of streetcar)
if you’re less creative id recommend just making a canva (maybe even the Pinterest shuffles app?) where you can layer images of what you’d like
hope this helps, feel free to ask anymore qs
Reply 2
Original post by charves14
hey,
i don’t study lit but i do study Drama. since streetcar is a play, im guessing they want you to create a set for it as if you were staging it, so drawing/ creating an image of a stage with props and set which links to the plot and context. im not familiar with the plot of streetcar but say if it’s a play set in a forest there might be large dark green trees and leaves on the back wall, there might be a set of prison bars for a character who is imprisoned, or a flying rig for a character which is magical (ofc this is all random, not related to the plot of streetcar)
if you’re less creative id recommend just making a canva (maybe even the Pinterest shuffles app?) where you can layer images of what you’d like
hope this helps, feel free to ask anymore qs

Hi, thank you so much for this. Yes I’ll try drawing the set using stage directions, hopefully this is what they meant. Again, thank you for your help, it’s greatly appreciated :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending