The Student Room Group

Do Yorkshire puddings belong on Christmas Dinner

Poll

Do Yorkshire Puddings belong on Christmas Dinner?

Since I have always had dinner with my family and we sway very firmly one way I didn't know this debate existed until I found it in my local paper.

So, should Yorkshire puddings be on a Christmas Dinner?

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

They're too delicious to not be there
Reply 2
This was meant to have a poll but accidentally clicked so didn't get to the page! :frown: Can mods do anything about this?

I just want the title question with options "Yes - Yorkshire Puddings belong on Christmas dinner", "No - Yorkshire Puddings don't belong on Christmas dinner" and "Don't care"
Reply 3
Stupidest question ever! Your local paper must be VERY desparate for content.
Reply 4
Original post by charlottelt
i just want the title question with options

"yes - yorkshire puddings belong on christmas dinner"

"yes - yorkshire puddings belong on all dinners"

"don't care, i'm dead"

ftfy
How is this even a question?! :drool:
Reply 6
Original post by Simes
ftfy

I agree! Love Yorkshires. :smile:
Reply 7
Nope. I love yorkshires, but they go with beef, not turkey.
Yes.

Recently got into an argument with Scottish friends who said they have mashed potato instead of roasties. I'm sorry but that's just wrong.
Original post by Charlottelt
Since I have always had dinner with my family and we sway very firmly one way I didn't know this debate existed until I found it in my local paper.

So, should Yorkshire puddings be on a Christmas Dinner?

Spoiler

[video="youtube;7ZZ9KOMLeVQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZZ9KOMLeVQ[/video]
Yorkshires should be on Boxing day with the beef or on Christmas day stuffed with apple sauce
I love Yorkshire puddings! They definitely belong on your plate on Christmas in my eyes. I usually have them with gravy and roast and mashed potatoes with broccoli at the side of whatever meat I'm having

Posted from TSR Mobile
My history teacher was shocked that people have yorkshire puddings with Christmas dinner.

I firmly disagree with him; yorkshire puddings should be eaten in excess on Christmas day, if anything, they're more important than the turkey!

Posted from TSR Mobile
It depends what meat you have really! I don't think they go with turkey, but if you're one of the (odd) people who have beef or possibly lamb, then go for it.
No
Original post by Charlottelt
This was meant to have a poll but accidentally clicked so didn't get to the page! :frown: Can mods do anything about this?"

Done :h:
Reply 16
Hell no, brother.
Original post by TattyBoJangles
Yes.

Recently got into an argument with Scottish friends who said they have mashed potato instead of roasties. I'm sorry but that's just wrong.

Go crazy. Have both.

Yes to Yorkshires!
Yeah I think they do!
Original post by SirMasterKey
Go crazy. Have both.

Yes to Yorkshires!

I am Scots and we have both Mashed Tatties and Neeps and roasties as well.

Quick Reply

Latest