The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IceJJFish(II)
Not sure if srs. Link didn't work for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Didnt work for you but it worked for me :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 581
Original post by IceJJFish(II)
Not sure if srs. Link didn't work for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOL poverty phone
Falcao, though, has*refuted the idea that footballers can choose to go wherever they want and admitted that he has previously wanted to join one club, only to end up elsewhere.

Asked by Libero*whether a footballer is in charge of his own destiny, he replied: "No, he’s not. Sometimes I smile when people ask me why I didn’t go here or why I didn’t stay there, as if the footballer can choose where to work.

"I would say to some journalists, 'Why don’t you work at CNN or ESPN?'. It’s the same as in football. You very rarely have the opportunities to go to one team or another. I have been in situations where I have not been able to do what I wanted, many times.

"I want to go to one place and in the end I have to go to another."

Well that pretty much sums up the fact that Real Madrid was Falcao's ideal place but he ended up at United. I'm not complaining though, but it feels the same with Di Maria. We have players who probably didnt have much of a choice other than us and i dunno but i feel more connected to Blind, Herrera and Shaw in the sense that they really wanted to be here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
Well that pretty much sums up the fact that Real Madrid was Falcao's ideal place but he ended up at United. I'm not complaining though, but it feels the same with Di Maria. We have players who probably didnt have much of a choice other than us and i dunno but i feel more connected to Blind, Herrera and Shaw in the sense that they really wanted to be here.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's wrong with that? It's the same with any career, you could be perfectly happy in your current job but that doesn't mean it was where you wanted to go to begin with. He's spot on when he says that you can't choose where you work. Let's be honest if any of our players were offered a move to Real Madrid now, they'd take it. They're the biggest club in the world.

I think that statement is more referring to Monaco than United.
Original post by sr90
What's wrong with that? It's the same with any career, you could be perfectly happy in your current job but that doesn't mean it was where you wanted to go to begin with. He's spot on when he says that you can't choose where you work. Let's be honest if any of our players were offered a move to Real Madrid now, they'd take it. They're the biggest club in the world.

Yeah fair enough i understand what you're trying to say. I guess I'm still stuck in the Fergie era where players came to us because of our stature and not because of a huge wage or because of another reason. Remember a thread on the Caf called 'do the new recruits feel like United players' or something like that? I think the OP in that was bang on when he said he's struggling to connect with Falcao and especially Di Maria because they dont seem to have the hunger to be here like say Herrera and Blind. Although Falcao does look like he's really enjoying it out there now.

It's just so annoying to accept that RM is probably everyone's first choice club to sign for :unimpressed:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah fair enough i understand what you're trying to say. I guess I'm still stuck in the Fergie era where players came to us because of our stature and not because of a huge wage or because of another reason. Remember a thread on the Caf called 'do the new recruits feel like United players' or something like that? I think the OP in that was bang on when he said he's struggling to connect with Falcao and especially Di Maria because they dont seem to have the hunger to be here like say Herrera and Blind. Although Falcao does look like he's really enjoying it out there now.

It's just so annoying to accept that RM is probably everyone's first choice club to sign for :unimpressed:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Anyone of South American heritage is always going to prefer Real/Barca, there's not a lot we can do about that tbh.
Tbh I don't really care, his attitude since he's arrived has been absolutely spot on and I love the guy for that. I'm sure he'd prefer to be at Madrid, but then I imagine Ronaldo would have preferred to be at Madrid in his 42 goal season, it doesn't mean the player can't give everything he has. Hope the goals start to flow soon, he deserves it.

We're obviously a very top heavy side but the reason it's kind of working is that we've got very selfless players. Rooney has proven over the years that on the pitch he'll do anything for the team, Falcao's work rate has been fantastic and he's as happy creating as scoring, and Mata has passed up great goalscoring opportunities to give the strikers a chance to get a needed goal even though he's under massive pressure for his place. Those 3 in particular have an incredible attitude and allow so many 'stars' to work.
Original post by sr90

I dont think most players would want to go to RM- a club where they buy players simply to make shirt sales...... who change manager every 1-2 seasons? Sounds like a real nice place to be :rolleyes:
Although i'd be over the moon if we just land a world class CB.

This
ideally I think we could do with at least one CB, another good CM and a good winger.
Some news are reporting that Real Madrid will only consider a Man U bid for bale if we include de gea. That's gotta be the biggest joke of the year. Screw bale then... Depay plus laporte for me
Out of all the new signings I think I like Shaw the most. But that's probably because he's English.

Then it's Falcao, but I've always liked him since his Porto days.

I used to rip teams up on FIFA with him and Hulk on FIFA 09!

Posted from TSR Mobile

He can't have wanted to go that bad. All he's done since he's got here is talk about how much he wants to stay. He doesn't speak about United like we're a loan club. He talks like it's his new club, permanently. He clearly wants to be kept at the end of the season.
Predicitons for today's game? I'll go with a tight 2-1 win. If not then a 1-1 draw.
Original post by F.Lawton
Some news are reporting that Real Madrid will only consider a Man U bid for bale if we include de gea. That's gotta be the biggest joke of the year. Screw bale then... Depay plus laporte for me

*Depay plus Godin. We have too many young Centre Backs at this moment. We need some experience at the back. Plus, Godin is a bit Vidic-esque (which is what we need currently). The only young CB I would like to have at United is Varane (not possible, I suppose).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by qasidb
Predicitons for today's game? I'll go with a tight 2-1 win. If not then a 1-1 draw.

Yep. Same here. 2:2 or 2:1. Would be pretty close I guess.
Reply 596
People talking about Bale like he's a bad player. Talking top five in the world along with Ronaldo, Messi, Aguero, De Gea. Would rip Arsenal apart single handedly. Better than Sanchez.

No live posts today from me, it's an away game so you worry. Don't remember the last time we beat Spurs, perhaps the 5-2 at home? Always use to be a guaranteed 6 points. Our away form of 2 wins in 8 games is a disgrace. Could be out of third if it goes badly today, I expect minimum a score draw but really we should be winning, we're a far bigger club. Can't keep dropping away points. You've got to be good enough to put Harold Kane in your back pocket and get a couple of goals.

I don't like any of the new signings. Wouldn't swap De Gea for Bale, let alone with money.

Why do people think our away form is so bad?
Reply 597
Original post by sr90
Don't worry, I somehow got Eboracum and Falcao mixed up yesterday.

Interesting. I average a goal/assist per game and don't expect £265,000 a week. I'm better value for money.
Two games in 48 hours...

[video="youtube;LR3uFfT-qtM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR3uFfT-qtM[/video]
Original post by Eboracum
People talking about Bale like he's a bad player. Talking top five in the world along with Ronaldo, Messi, Aguero, De Gea. Would rip Arsenal apart single handedly. Better than Sanchez.

No live posts today from me, it's an away game so you worry. Don't remember the last time we beat Spurs, perhaps the 5-2 at home? Always use to be a guaranteed 6 points. Our away form of 2 wins in 8 games is a disgrace. Could be out of third if it goes badly today, I expect minimum a score draw but really we should be winning, we're a far bigger club. Can't keep dropping away points. You've got to be good enough to put Harold Kane in your back pocket and get a couple of goals.

I don't like any of the new signings. Wouldn't swap De Gea for Bale, let alone with money.

Why do people think our away form is so bad?

Not gonna lie, I fancy kane to grab a goal today.

Just depends how well you attack because Spurs can crumble hilariously when you come at them.

Will be interesting to see the two luckiest teams in the league go head to head :wink:

Latest