The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jitesh07
Daley Blind should be back by mid-January I guess.

Yep! Some youth coaches at United rate him higher than Adnan Januzaj.

We've got some exciting new youngsters:- Paddy McNair, Tyler Blackett, Adnan Januzaj, Perreira, James Wilson, Saidy Janko, Jesse Lingard and Nick Powell (maybe).

Spoiler

question marks over paddy and mcnair for me...both seem to suspectiable for me
Original post by scrawlx101
question marks over paddy and mcnair for me...both seem to suspectiable for me

What do you mean both? They're the same player.

Pereira, Powell, Janko & Blackett all need a loan.

We've got some exciting new youngsters:- Paddy McNair, Tyler Blackett, Adnan Januzaj, Perreira, James Wilson, Saidy Janko, Jesse Lingard and Nick Powell (maybe).

Can only see something special in Januzaj & Pereira. Rest are all average.
Original post by sr90

Of course, they should be loaned first. Janko to a Championship Club and the rest to a recently promoted side.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90

He's had a mare there.

You could say he's had a Paddy McMARE owwwwwwwwwww
Original post by Dirtybit

Our record at developing young talent since Rooney/Ronaldo is really poor tbh. The only real successes are De Gea and arguably Januzaj, whereas there are dozens of players who either didn't develop as expected or who flopped completely. I don't include players like Pique, Shawcross & Pogba who have been successes at other clubs because they did little whilst they were with us.
Original post by sr90

lool i meant paddy and tyler blackett wasnt thinking straight.

i agree

even wilson?

I dont rate wilson too highly(Ive only called for him to comon for falcao and rvp when their in bad form or seemed tired imo).Do you think hes a pure poacher or more of an allrounder like RVP and Rooney? Because chicarito was one of those and look at him now...same i guess with henriquez...
I think Januzaj would probably benefit from a loan also because i do not think on his performances he is going to push anybody out of the line-up. If he wants the number 10. position then he is contending with Rooney, Mata, Di Maria, and Van Persie. If he is played as a winger or wing-back then he is contending with Rafael, Shaw, Young, Di Maria and Valencia. And were we to play a diamond then he would still be contending with the likes of Rooney, Mata, Herrera, Di Maria and Fellaini.

Januzaj needs game time in order to gain experience and maturity but he is not going to be given that at United in bundles if he doesn't perform (which he hasn't).

A loan would do the young man good.
Original post by sr90
Our record at developing young talent since Rooney/Ronaldo is really poor tbh. The only real successes are De Gea and arguably Januzaj, whereas there are dozens of players who either didn't develop as expected or who flopped completely. I don't include players like Pique, Shawcross & Pogba who have been successes at other clubs because they did little whilst they were with us.

Your right. Only a Couple of kids that I highly rate though who are coming up. (Angel Gomes, Timothy-Fosu-Mensah).
Original post by scrawlx101
even wilson?

I dont rate wilson too highly(Ive only called for him to comon for falcao and rvp when their in bad form or seemed tired imo).Do you think hes a pure poacher or more of an allrounder like RVP and Rooney? Because chicarito was one of those and look at him now...same i guess with henriquez...

Wilson has does nothing special since playing first team football for us. Personally think he will be another Welbeck. High work rate and loads of pace but lacking that clinical asset.
Original post by _Morsey_
I think Januzaj would probably benefit from a loan also because i do not think on his performances he is going to push anybody out of the line-up. If he wants the number 10. position then he is contending with Rooney, Mata, Di Maria, and Van Persie. If he is played as a winger or wing-back then he is contending with Rafael, Shaw, Young, Di Maria and Valencia. And were we to play a diamond then he would still be contending with the likes of Rooney, Mata, Herrera, Di Maria and Fellaini.

Januzaj needs game time in order to gain experience and maturity but he is not going to be given that at United in bundles if he doesn't perform (which he hasn't).

A loan would do the young man good.

Loan him to Real Sociedad. David Moyes will take good care of him. No PSG. No Inter. No Juve. Only Real and Moyes.

Btw, Alan Pardew left Newcastle to Join Crystal Palace. Who the f does that? He left a club in good shape to join one which would probably end up in the championship next year. Mike Ashley must've been the major reasons for his departure.

Whom do you think would Newcastle Appoint as their new manager? Tony Pulis? Joe Kinnear (lol)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
Haha yup, that's partly to do with it. I'm a terrible pessimist in all areas of my life tbh. Need to stop posting in here just after the game has finished.

Just seen a vine on Twitter where the reporter asks Van Gaal to tell him about his transfer plans for January, Van Gaal just looks at him and simply says ''no''. Brilliant. He at least knows how to handle the media.

I just love the fact that it's the hapless, useless, tunnel interviewer that is BT's Roy Stubbs, that he's answered so short to. Fully deserved.
Your right. Only a Couple of kids that I highly rate though who are coming up. (Angel Gomes, Timothy-Fosu-Mensah).

Timothy Fosu will be our new pogba,quote me. He's amazing!

Wilson has does nothing special since playing first team football for us. Personally think he will be another Welbeck. High work rate and loads of pace but lacking that clinical asset.

I agree that wilson will be another welbeck if he doesnt sharpen up first while he still can,he has falcao,rooney and rvp to learn from this season and quite frankly im hoping that next season he'll be ready to take up a starting xi postion or atleast be a solid option from the bench.
Our current bunch of kids are overrated tbh. They've played a bit but that doesn't mean they're any good. Wilson in particular, the calls for him to start ahead of the options we have amaze me.
Reply 794
Original post by Louis.
Our current bunch of kids are overrated tbh. They've played a bit but that doesn't mean they're any good. Wilson in particular, the calls for him to start ahead of the options we have amaze me.

I don't agree with the calls either but tbf they've been on the basis that he has pace to stretch the defence and give more space to the other striker and CAM. None of the other options really have that so it's not like people are saying he's better than the others, just different.
Loan him to Real Sociedad. David Moyes will take good care of him. No PSG. No Inter. No Juve. Only Real and Moyes.

Btw, Alan Pardew left Newcastle to Join Crystal Palace. Who the f does that? He left a club in good shape to join one which would probably end up in the championship next year. Mike Ashley must've been the major reasons for his departure.

Whom do you think would Newcastle Appoint as their new manager? Tony Pulis? Joe Kinnear (lol)?

Posted from TSR Mobile

smart move by pardew....most of the fans wanted him to leave and mike ashley only just pulled his finger out this year because the fans were really angry...hope he keeps palace up since their my local SW club :smile:
Reply 796
Original post by sr90

So in those cases it's not the developing that's the problem, it's keeping them. Ie Pique couldn't break into the best defence in the world so was sold, that's just an unfortunate coincidence of the time he came through rather than us not developing him well.
Original post by Fideo
I don't agree with the calls either but tbf they've been on the basis that he has pace to stretch the defence and give more space to the other striker and CAM. None of the other options really have that so it's not like people are saying he's better than the others, just different.

ironic that with welbeck people roasted him for that but none of that for wilson at all? would have liked to have seen welbeck stay-a good allrounder who didnt really have much wrong with him interms of ability...would have been a decent option off the bench...
Original post by Fideo
So in those cases it's not the developing that's the problem, it's keeping them. Ie Pique couldn't break into the best defence in the world so was sold, that's just an unfortunate coincidence of the time he came through rather than us not developing him well.

He didn't cover himself in much glory when he did play though. Think the main argument is would they have developed in the same way if we had kept them? Probably not. If Jones or Smalling had joined another PL side instead of us they would most likely be better players now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Despite the lack of pace somehow RVP and Falcao in front of Rooney and Mata are abusing L1 Triangle majorly.

Latest