The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Mostly because he finally acknowledged Mata was too to be on the bench and playing him on the same team with Herrera. Should have done that a long time ago and we'd be 2nd.
Original post by qasidb
Jam's probably just pissed that Chelsea couldn't beat Liverpool at Anfield whereas Man Utd being a weaker team than Chelsea managed to pull it off and pull it off well.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29860231
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27092978

I don't need to say more, just delete your post because it's just wrong.

Original post by Dirtybit
Mostly because he finally acknowledged Mata was too to be on the bench and playing him on the same team with Herrera. Should have done that a long time ago and we'd be 2nd.

Probably.

Still think that Mata isn't a great solution on the wings but he worked so well there because Liverpool played 3atb and Moreno has problems tracking back in that system. It was good how you pushed up high and congested the lines while staying so narrow. I guess he doesn't trust Mata defensively to play him in CM as Herrera offers more than just simple stuff and he requires to have a guy who has some physical presence there.

I'm pretty sure he'll replace Fellaini at the end of the season, I'm unsure if he'll buy a striker if the aim is to play 4-3-3, I still would as I don't think Rooney is the right type of striker, if Mata plays at RW long with Di Maria LW then there's going to be a lack of pace if Rooney is playing.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jam277

Lol, woops, I unknowingly dug up the League Cup result http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30791105

Still though, it does look like you're a little bitter about us winning at Anfield.
Original post by Fizzel
I don't and haven't for a long time rated Rooney as a penalty taker. He's got a good mindset for a penalty taker, I don't think he's a bottler, but I don't like his technique. I seem to remember commenting on it back in 10' when watching the Derby, much like Tevez, his style is actually quite high risk, not what you want in a regular taker.

I saw a comment on it, but haven't seen stats to back it up, that said his record from the spot is pretty terrible.

18 goals from 26 penalties in the PL iirc the stat came up when he missed the pen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by qasidb
Lol, woops, I unknowingly dug up the League Cup result http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30791105

Still though, it does look like you're a little bitter about us winning at Anfield.

Not bitter.

People chatting rubbish about Mata and saying Coutinho (the 2nd half of season wonder scoring a couple long shots after doing his best Ronaldo impression of taking 5 a game every game) was better before the game, so that result made me happy(even though I initially wanted you to lose so LVG is sacked) and loled hard after the Gerrard incident. Haven't laughed so hard in my life.

Also it was a terrible game to watch as a neutral.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jam277

Probably.

Still think that Mata isn't a great solution on the wings but he worked so well there because Liverpool played 3atb and Moreno has problems tracking back in that system. It was good how you pushed up high and congested the lines while staying so narrow. I guess he doesn't trust Mata defensively to play him in CM as Herrera offers more than just simple stuff and he requires to have a guy who has some physical presence there.

I'm pretty sure he'll replace Fellaini at the end of the season, I'm unsure if he'll buy a striker if the aim is to play 4-3-3, I still would as I don't think Rooney is the right type of striker, if Mata plays at RW long with Di Maria LW then there's going to be a lack of pace if Rooney is playing.

Yeah, If we had somebody more physical next to Carrick, Mata would be fine at CAM in a 4-2-3-1/4-3-3. Pogba would be great but i'm speaking hypothetically. Ultimately means Herrera's going to be a bench though:

Rooney
Di Maria ----------------------Mata-- New goal-scoring winger
Carrick Pogba

Herrera can play for Mata when we need more defensively minded players too. Best for us to stick to 1 striker because if it's 2 strikers lvG will just continue to use RVP. Carrick's going to need to be replaced after 1 season though.
Madrid fans attacking Bale's car the other night. Gosh madrid fans are *****. At any rate, this will lower his price.

Full clip:
(edited 9 years ago)
Lol at Madrid fans attacking Bale when Ronaldo did little after his goal, Benzema was anonymous in the second half.

**** it let someone tap up Bale and get a PL club to buy him for 60M.
Di Maria has got good handling, give him that.
Original post by jam277

Also it was a terrible game to watch as a neutral.

Bull****, it was a hilarious game to watch as a neutral, especially second half.
Original post by 53SecondsToGo
Di Maria has got good handling, give him that.

Bull****, it was a hilarious game to watch as a neutral, especially second half.

Hilarious but it was not a game of good quality. If I wanted to watch a hilarious game I'd go to my local Sunday league team.
Utd won't always be ok If they don't qualify. They have a comfortable cushion for a year or two but if they repetedly miss out then sponsors pull out and revenue goes down.

Obvious they'll get top four this.Season though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
Utd won't always be ok If they don't qualify. They have a comfortable cushion for a year or two but if they repetedly miss out then sponsors pull out and revenue goes down.

Obvious they'll get top four this.Season though

Posted from TSR Mobile

Eventually, yeah, but you could definitely have survived another season out of it. I'm unsure we have that same ability.

With LVG in charge, you'd have bolstered your ranks again this summer purely because of the players you've got, LVG's reputation and the money at your disposal.

Liverpool are unlikely to do any of those things, largely because of the funds available but also because we (whether we like it or not) haven't got the same worldwide appeal as a Man United these days.

The majority of the world's great players will have grown up watching the Treble team, Ferguson's relentless winning sides, and Liverpool in mediocrity bar the CL final in 2005.
Original post by jam277
Hilarious but it was not a game of good quality. If I wanted to watch a hilarious game I'd go to my local Sunday league team.

You'd probably see Phil Jones lack of patience in the tackle down there too.
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
18 goals from 26 penalties in the PL iirc the stat came up when he missed the pen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not as terrible as was made out, but not great. 2013/14, PL rate was 83.91% scored.

As Nathan said, the issue is without RVP in the squad who else would we have take it? Mata I guess. Let Phil Jones take it David Luiz style.
Original post by Fizzel
Not as terrible as was made out, but not great. 2013/14, PL rate was 83.91% scored.

As Nathan said, the issue is without RVP in the squad who else would we have take it? Mata I guess. Let Phil Jones take it David Luiz style.

Yeah its decent i guess but he should really have given it to Mata since it would have helped him complete his hattrick. Can you imagine the songs if he actually scored a hattrick at Anfield? We'll always remember him for that goal against them.

I would have said give it to DeGea :ahee: but we all know why that can't happen. Other than Rooney and RvP, we dont really have a consistent PK taker. The only one close to them is Mata. So yeah, give those duties to Mata but it'll never happen since Rooney is the captain and will remain our main PK taker as long as RvP is out. Phil Jones is likely to injure himself if he took a pen but then again he did take our corner kicks so maybe he'll have a reasonable claim :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rooney was our best penalty taker out there yesterday. He's just become a bit predictable with what way he goes. Wasn't a terrible penalty, just wasn't right in the corner.
Smalling's due an upgrade on fifa. 76 rating doesn't do him justice when players like Kompany are 86.
Original post by Dirtybit
Smalling's due an upgrade on fifa. 76 rating doesn't do him justice when players like Kompany are 86.

United are **** anyway on FIFA. Usually thump anyone who is them 2 or 3-0.
Original post by Depleted

Yup. I never ever use them. Funny we're 5 star team and Liverpool ain't after last season:lol:
Original post by Depleted

Fifa need to add in a 'confidence' attribute to their ranking of players. Valencia's physical attributes make him a beast on Fifa, but in reality, his confidence is like 15/100. Instead of changing the skill attributes weekly when someone has a good/bad game, just change the confidence attribute, which in turn should effect all other skill attributes.

Hate being United on Fifa. I know I need to play guys like Valencia but I can't stand putting him in my team because of how much he frustrates me IRL. So I just avoid being United.

Latest