The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jitesh07
Claudio Marchisio is also a good option if we are going to sell Juan Mata to Juventus F.C. (if Pogba refuses to come)

Posted from TSR Mobile

You mean the same Marchisio who's had offers from every club in the world and is the equivalent to Scholes for Juve?
Reply 1181
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
Depay would be a good signing and maybe it'll lead to a switch in formation to 4-3-3? We need an injection in pace in the final third so he'd be a good signing for a winger. He is very direct from what i have seen of him and it would be amazing to see him and Di Maria running at defenders. However, surely we need another CB or even a RB ahead of a winger? I know we dont fashion many chances and can see why you would want a winger to add creativity and penetration but we still look shaky at the back and the more i see of Evans, the more i want to jump off a bridge.

Our play being so slow is what allows defenders to push right up into midfield and really hurt our defence though. I think it'd look better if we didn't invite so much pressure by having no pace.

As for Evans, I said a few weeks ago when somebody guessed evans as the injury for the game: 'for the rest of the season please'

We have enough CB's. The argument for a RB is strong, but I think we can get by fine until summer.
Think we will make 1 signing this window mabye 2.
Being any of the following:
Strootman
Depay
Coleman
Clyne

Personally think we should just wait till Summer for new signings. Think we should sign Depay though and keep him on Loan at his current club till end of the season, just to make sure we get him before his price inflates and more people get interested.

Original post by IceJJFish(II)
You mean the same Marchisio who's had offers from every club in the world and is the equivalent to Scholes for Juve?

Pirlo?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Dirtybit

Pirlo?

Meant in terms of loyalty, could've said Giggs as well I suppose. He's repeatedly said he'd never leave the Old Lady, just not sure why his name is being thrown about.
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
Depay would be a good signing and maybe it'll lead to a switch in formation to 4-3-3? We need an injection in pace in the final third so he'd be a good signing for a winger. He is very direct from what i have seen of him and it would be amazing to see him and Di Maria running at defenders. However, surely we need another CB or even a RB ahead of a winger? I know we dont fashion many chances and can see why you would want a winger to add creativity and penetration but we still look shaky at the back and the more i see of Evans, the more i want to jump off a bridge.

No World Class CB's available this January so no point buying any. Better off waiting till Summer to buy a RB too, £25m for Coleman is a rip off.
Buying Depay this window would just be because he's available not that he's a priority.

Hopefully when Rojo is back, 2 out of Smalling/Rojo/Jones can both stay fit and we can switch back to 4 at the back so no more Evans. Probably won't be for long though as Raf and CB's will get injured...
Original post by IceJJFish(II)
Meant in terms of loyalty, could've said Giggs as well I suppose. He's repeatedly said he'd never leave the Old Lady, just not sure why his name is being thrown about.

I see, Yup he's not going anywhere.
Think we will make 1 signing this window mabye 2.
Being any of the following:
Strootman
Depay
Coleman
Clyne

Personally think we should just wait till Summer for new signings. Think we should sign Depay though and keep him on Loan at his current club till end of the season, just to make sure we get him before his price inflates and more people get interested.

Pirlo?

Marchisio is different to Pirlo in playstyle and mentality toward club. Pirlo is king of traitors like Ibrahimovich.

While I'm at it i'm sobering up **** my life. Wish I was drunk or drugged up/ every day. See why I had problems with this **** before and see why Zurich still has problems. lel.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jam277

While I'm at it i'm sobering up **** my life. Wish I was drunk or drugged up/ every day. See why I had problems with this **** before and see why Zurich still has problems. lel.

Looks like you're drunk right now.
Growing up I was probably always a bit more capable of using my left foot than whoever was alongside me in the centre, so I ended up on the left side. It's harder bringing the ball out of defence on your left side, though.
When you're passing the ball five yards you're fine using your weaker foot but if you're driving into space and dribbling forward, you ideally want the ball on your good side.
This season I've been able to move to the right-hand side and that's helped me. I've definitely felt more comfortable bringing the ball out and starting attacks.

Evansquote ...food for thought play him on the right?
Apparently Strootman wants a move. But to Real Madrid... How awkward that would be after months of United fans saying he will definitely come to United whenever we call. :lol:
Original post by qasidb
Looks like you're drunk right now.

Yeah ngl that was a bad one I got so gassed last night man.
Apparently Strootman wants a move. But to Real Madrid... How awkward that would be after months of United fans saying he will definitely come to United whenever we call. :lol:

Do they even need him? It's way too crowded down there.
Original post by qasidb

Of course they don't need him, they already have way to many midfielders and they'll just waste his talent. Plus they have Kroos in his position and no way will Strootman be ahead of Kroos

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by qasidb

Original post by KingCorneliusIII
Of course they don't need him, they already have way to many midfielders and they'll just waste his talent. Plus they have Kroos in his position and no way will Strootman be ahead of Kroos

Posted from TSR Mobile

Come-on guys don't be so naive, it doesn't mean they won't buy him, we all know Madrid :rolleyes:

Anyways they might need him as Khedira going to leave and they need to replace him. Strootman won't necessarily be a starter if they buy him, he'd be stupid to make the decision to go there but put it this way, if Madrid and us bid for Strootman He'd be heading to Madrid over us.

And Since Modric is out for a while:

Benzema
Ronnie James Bale
Strootman Kroos
(edited 9 years ago)

Don't see what's wrong with that. Most footballers want to play for Real Madrid, they're the biggest and best club in the world. It's like saying I want to work for PWC or Deloitte. Doesn't mean it's likely to happen though.

I hope we can at least shift a few players this month. Especially Anderson, i'm sure we can find another club mascot for less than £60k p/w.
If Strootman's comments are true, probably use it to get more money when/if he gets to the stage of negotiating a contract with United.

I think we might make one signing in January - not a defender but Depay might be a player who LVG might try to acquire to prevent him going elsewhere. I don't think it's going to be a big signing incoming, just a promising player for me.

Major refurbishment will be done in the summer.
Original post by sr90

I hope we can at least shift a few players this month. Especially Anderson, i'm sure we can find another club mascot for less than £60k p/w.

His contract is going to be terminated so that he's free to talk to other clubs (mostly from Brazil).

So sad to see such a talented lad end up like this. He won the Golden Boy Award a couple of years ago and was tipped to be the next 'Scholes'. Hopefully, he finds a club who are willing to offer him some game time and good pay.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Swansea score six, West Brom score seven.

No doubt we'll struggle to score one tomorrow.
Original post by _Morsey_

lol what a joke if we cant make 2-3 nil if yeovli play bad
Original post by _Morsey_

We should, in theory, score at least 8. Maybe even 10. Won't happen though. Going for a scrappy 2-1 win after we are forced to bring the cavalry off the bench.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest