The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

For anybody interested/that cares, FC United player Rhodri Giggs will appear in a Channel 5 documentary this week on the effects of Ryan's affair with his wife on his family, his life etc.
the problem with di maria is his 2 star weakfoot
Original post by swirly
the problem with di maria is his 2 star weakfoot

And his idea of shooting from 40 yards out every time:biggrin:
I hope the break does Di Maria some good. He played a lot of football last year, for both Madrid and Argentina.

That said, I'm taking him in the injury sweepstake :colonhash:
Van Gaal has said he doesn't know where his best position is, so it'll be interesting to see where he gets played. Hopefully its in midfield again as he looked quite ineffective on the wing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Incredible how all of your injuries have just disappeared bar Young of course. It's always you guys, always. Amazing.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Incredible how all of your injuries have just disappeared bar Young of course. It's always you guys, always. Amazing.

We'll get at least 2 injuries tomorrow don't worry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy

You won't be saying that in a couple weeks time:biggrin:
Team is so finely balanced too when we get injuries they really affect us.

I'm interested to see how we play up front. Falcao found a bit of form, but was poor in the few chances he was provided at Yeovil. RVP has regressed again, but I'm kind of convinced his issues are physical and he's had a good rest now. Rooney too, with everyone back in midfield and defence, no need for him in a CM slot.
Original post by Fizzel
Team is so finely balanced too when we get injuries they really affect us.

I'm interested to see how we play up front. Falcao found a bit of form, but was poor in the few chances he was provided at Yeovil. RVP has regressed again, but I'm kind of convinced his issues are physical and he's had a good rest now. Rooney too, with everyone back in midfield and defence, no need for him in a CM slot.

However, it raises the question on who should be dropped. We can rule out RVP because VG loves him.
Personally I would like to see Falcao play up top by himself. Most effective when he's by himself.
I'm so glad that we didn't go for Mangala. He's having another poor game today.
Original post by sr90

He preferred United:biggrin:
Godin, Hummels or Varane vs Mangala.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by sr90

Especially not for the club record £40m that City are actually supposed to have paid for him, not the £32m.
I fancy Mangala to come good myself, perhaps not £32m (or whatever it was) good but I think he'll be solid.

He's only 23 and it doesn't seem unusual for a new CB to come to the league and struggle at first. Look at Koscielny, the guy had a torrid start to his Arsenal career but is now one of the best in the league. Demichelis too has gone from having a dire first 6 months in England to being one of the top CBs playing in the country.

Suppose from a United point of view however you'd be wanting someone who can come in and be solid immediately.
Need to Crush Southampton so we can close up the gap between us and City.

Manchester City have Arsenal and Chelsea next. Hopefully they will gain 2 points from those. (Realistically I think they will beat Arsenal and lose to Chelsea)

If we win our next 2 after Southampton (QPR and Leicester) then we'll be 3 points behind them.
(edited 9 years ago)
Barnsley's man of the match today was Ben Pearson.
You look at our record of late, and although its still unbeaten, way too many draws in there. 3 draws in our last 4, means we've only taken 6/12. Aside from title challenge talk, we need to put some space between us and everyone else, only 5 points atm between 3rd and 8th. Even with a full strength team, and being at home, Southampton are still a good team. We should be winning this though, if we are indeed looking at 3rd rather than a top 4 scrap.
Original post by Fizzel
You look at our record of late, and although its still unbeaten, way too many draws in there. 3 draws in our last 4, means we've only taken 6/12. Aside from title challenge talk, we need to put some space between us and everyone else, only 5 points atm between 3rd and 8th. Even with a full strength team, and being at home, Southampton are still a good team. We should be winning this though, if we are indeed looking at 3rd rather than a top 4 scrap.

Them draws could have easily been losses as well. Hopefully the title charge starts tomorrow.
A title charge is massively unrealistic. The objective this season is a comfortable third while setting up a challenge for next season. Ideally while winning the FA Cup.
Original post by Louis.
A title charge is massively unrealistic. The objective this season is a comfortable third while setting up a challenge for next season. Ideally while winning the FA Cup.

One can only be optimistic:tongue:

Latest