The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Just as you said that Mata goes on that run. :drool:
On the upside, everything has looked more solid today.
Booooring.
decent half weve been ok in all areas...jones and smalling doing ok and shaw needs to do more
hmm, we did well after the first few minutes, but we need a better final ball, not given enough chances for our forwards to shoot on goal.
Its always the final third in which we are lacking which is strange since we have an amazing collection of attacking players.

We have been very comfortable in this game, never felt threatened and i think if we concede today, it'll be down to our own sloppy mistake rather than Southampton's brilliance. Im surprised as to how slow our tempo has been but i guess its because Southampton are playing so narrow that the middle has become congested and we're strugglinf to break through.

I hope Southampton are more adventurous in the second half so spaces in thier backline open up to be exploited by Di Maria, Van Persie and Mata.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mata - 37m
Di Maria - 60m
Rooney - 28m
Van Persie - 24m

****ing useless the lot of them. Van Gaal can't manage a piss up in a brewery.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IanLim93
Just as you said that Mata goes on that run. :drool:

****ing typical.

Original post by sr90
Mata - 37m
Di Maria - 60m
Rooney - 28m
Van Persie - 24m

****ing useless the lot of them. Van Gaal can't manage a piss up in a brewery.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Completely forgot Mata cost that much. Jesus.
Yeh, yeh, not many shots but that is probably up there with the best half of football we have put together for a year or so.

Good control of the ball, the CBs are playing very well both on and off the ball, Di Maria stretching the Saints backline and Valencia really testing Betrand down the right, when one of Rooney, Mata or Di Maria gets either side of Schniederlin we look really dangerous and if we are going to score it will most likely come from that area or a fast break.

Would like to see a little more from Shaw who's touch has been poor and a lot more from van Persie who while doing okay, hasn't really offered enough in front of goal. Only Wilson on the bench though and he has struggled to look a serious goal threat so far this season.

Original post by Mackay
Booooring.

Lol, I think this is the most interesting game I've seen all season... different folks, different strokes I guess.
(edited 9 years ago)
All of our forward players haven't been good enough. Shaw too. But we're playing well, comfortable at the back, just need to stay patient. The goal will come.
Need to get ADM more on the ball, need him to stretch the play to get more spaces for Mata. It's going to be a tight game and needs someone to make something happen. Particularly looking at someone like Mata - as he showed towards the end of the first half - to create an opening. Defence not been massively re-assuring so Southampton will get a good chance or two.
Yeah the game has been boring as hell.

I'm even a fan of methodical tense football but this is something else, United are playing average(like they have done all season) and Soton are dealing with the attacking threat fairly comfortably.
Yeah just have to trust in the front 4 to start connecting with their passes in the final third.
Rooney and Di Maria should swap positions. We need Di Maria running at defenders and we need Rooney getting into the box

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mojojojo101

Lol, I think this is the most interesting game I've seen all season... different folks, different strokes I guess.

From a neutral's perspective, just seems like both sides are content with a point. If there is to be a winner, I expect United to get it, though.
Smalling, if you want a hug from Pelle surely it would be easier to just ask?
Smalling wants to give away a penatly
Original post by Stopmessing
Rooney and Di Maria should swap positions. We need Di Maria running at defenders and we need Rooney getting into the box

Posted from TSR Mobile

yup, called that first half.

Di Maria doesn't make as good decisions up front as Rooney, made several poor ones already today, Rooney doesn't offer the pace of Di Maria in the deeper role either.
We play some lovely attacking flowing football at times

Posted from TSR Mobile
We're either going to score from a long ball over the top which Di Maria gets on the end of. Or it'll end 0-0.

Latest