The Student Room Group

A-Level Choices

I just recieved a letter saying I have been accepted into 6th form! I applied with the intention of taking: business studies, sociology, travel and tourism, geography. I hope to go to university and either pursuit a career in international business, urban development, or spacial planning. I however am on the fence about my options. I really enjoy english language at gcse and am considering changing one of my options to study it at AS. I am not sure which one to change it for though! I am 100% taking geography and business I know, but i can't decide if I will regret changing one of my other two options. HELP
Original post by grace_parry
I just recieved a letter saying I have been accepted into 6th form! I applied with the intention of taking: business studies, sociology, travel and tourism, geography. I hope to go to university and either pursuit a career in international business, urban development, or spacial planning. I however am on the fence about my options. I really enjoy english language at gcse and am considering changing one of my options to study it at AS. I am not sure which one to change it for though! I am 100% taking geography and business I know, but i can't decide if I will regret changing one of my other two options. HELP

Out of the 4 you have picked, the one id change if travel and tourism. That is the weakest out of the lot. The others are fine. English lit is definitely a respected subject to take, so id take it.
Reply 2
Original post by Emma:-)
Out of the 4 you have picked, the one id change if travel and tourism. That is the weakest out of the lot. The others are fine. English lit is definitely a respected subject to take, so id take it.

Thats what I was thinking but what about difficulty. I've heard english language is one of the easier A levels and sociology is harder. I'm so on the fence about sociology. It seems fairly interesting but it's a new subject to me and I'm not sure if I will enjoy it or not. I also struggle with large amounts of reading which english and sociology both have
Thats what I was thinking but what about difficulty. I've heard english language is one of the easier A levels and sociology is harder. I'm so on the fence about sociology. It seems fairly interesting but it's a new subject to me and I'm not sure if I will enjoy it or not. I also struggle with large amounts of reading which english and sociology both have

I cant comment on english- as i never did it at a-level myself, but i did sociology and loved it. I also found it the easiest out of all my subjects. Although there is reading involved, there wasnt massive amounts of reading or anything.
Reply 4
Original post by Emma:-)
I cant comment on english- as i never did it at a-level myself, but i did sociology and loved it. I also found it the easiest out of all my subjects. Although there is reading involved, there wasnt massive amounts of reading or anything.

Okay thank you so much I definitely have some thinking to do!
Okay thank you so much I definitely have some thinking to do!

Id defffinayely do the ones you where originally going to pick- but do english instead of travel and tourism.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending