The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 History - Germany 1900-45 - Monday 8th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
Original post by jeopardy
What q is this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

on morale during ww2!
Original post by jeopardy
What q is this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

On morale during WW2!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by UOE15
I just think it'll be on opposition rather than morale, but you can link the two together easily! The nazi party as a minor irritant during the 1920s? I hate that question so much haha

Ah fair enough, opposition is also a good one. What's the actual likelihood of final solution, has come up before as a factor question so I'm skeptical
Original post by Bunny2014
How would you answer the minor irritant question on the nazis??? xx

Minor irritant you do a paragraph on rising popularity eg membership and increasing national exposure eg Munich putsch and anti-Young plan. Then a paragraph that they were in fact a minor irritant, analysing the failure of Munich putsch and the anti young plan, as well as downward voting trends and comparatively low support,
Final paragraph you do 'they were an irritant but they had the potential to be a threat in later years' and talk about the creation of the volksgemeinschaft, the new structure and electoral success in the agricultural region is G eg schleswig-Holstein and Thuringia = shows the nazis may be able to take control of economic downturn
:smile:
Original post by UOE15
I have done it before, I will try and find it and post it here!

Thank you :smile: xx
Original post by jchap9776
Ah fair enough, opposition is also a good one. What's the actual likelihood of final solution, has come up before as a factor question so I'm skeptical

Minor irritant you do a paragraph on rising popularity eg membership and increasing national exposure eg Munich putsch and anti-Young plan. Then a paragraph that they were in fact a minor irritant, analysing the failure of Munich putsch and the anti young plan, as well as downward voting trends and comparatively low support,
Final paragraph you do 'they were an irritant but they had the potential to be a threat in later years' and talk about the creation of the volksgemeinschaft, the new structure and electoral success in the agricultural region is G eg schleswig-Holstein and Thuringia = shows the nazis may be able to take control of economic downturn
:smile:

Wow thats great!! Thanks! xx
Reply 1985
I think questions could be on opposition and morale together during WW2 , Nazi consolidation of power , or something on the second Reich eg: was it an autocracy or not ....

Morale has never come up before .
Original post by farawayfromnowhere
I think it could come up tbh, loads to say on it!! Maybe in a question about the overall impact of the Second World War, with a particular focus on the German people?
I just hope we don't get horribly worded questions - will waste valuable planning time trying to understand what they're asking

Posted from TSR Mobile

So true, I'm relying on being able to have little/to no planning for part A so I can boss the part B
Original post by ness7
I think questions could be on opposition and morale together during WW2 , Nazi consolidation of power , or something on the second Reich eg: was it an autocracy or not ....

Morale has never come up before .

👍🏼agreed
Reply 1988
Original post by jchap9776

No I know final solution has come up before but not for a few years so there is the slight possibility!
Hello, what could come up for opposition and morale together during WW2? thank you
Hey, sorry for the probably obvious question but, what were the 2008 and 2009 questions set? I assume that they did this paper in those years too but I can only find past questions dating back to 2010 onwards :frown:
Judging by the 2010 onwards questions, they haven't set anything on how autocratic/democratic/how much moderate reform in the second reich nor have they set a question on the NSDAP's consolidation of power in 1933! Or have they...???
I hope not cause those two would be my best questions! The threats to WR 1019-23 would be good too-do you think they'll set that?
Thank you so so much I'm stressing that I can't find these papers :O :frown:
I'm starting to worry about Part B, could someone explain how you would structure it? It would be much appreciated. THank you
Original post by Linguaphila
Hey, sorry for the probably obvious question but, what were the 2008 and 2009 questions set? I assume that they did this paper in those years too but I can only find past questions dating back to 2010 onwards :frown:
Judging by the 2010 onwards questions, they haven't set anything on how autocratic/democratic/how much moderate reform in the second reich nor have they set a question on the NSDAP's consolidation of power in 1933! Or have they...???
I hope not cause those two would be my best questions! The threats to WR 1019-23 would be good too-do you think they'll set that?
Thank you so so much I'm stressing that I can't find these papers :O :frown:

Yeah they haven't asked anything about Nazi Consolidation so we think that's a big one to come up along with possibly a Second Reich question or Final Solution. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by knifeblade
I'm starting to worry about Part B, could someone explain how you would structure it? It would be much appreciated. THank you

Check out Page 40 on this, it helped me quite a bit. https://jwshistory.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/a2-germany-revision-guide.pdf

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by farawayfromnowhere
Yeah they haven't asked anything about Nazi Consolidation so we think that's a big one to come up along with possibly a Second Reich question or Final Solution. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes let's hope that they do choose them and even if they both featured in these 2008 and 2009 papers, that was a long time ago so they are bound to pull up on both of those topics now!
I haven't studied past the consolidation of power at my school :frown: but hopefully there will be one nice question! :biggrin:

Just to clarify, main points for a consolidation of power in 1933 essay:
legal rev
violence
removing opposition

I'm not sure of anything else to put in
xx
Original post by Linguaphila
Yes let's hope that they do choose them and even if they both featured in these 2008 and 2009 papers, that was a long time ago so they are bound to pull up on both of those topics now!
I haven't studied past the consolidation of power at my school :frown: but hopefully there will be one nice question! :biggrin:

Just to clarify, main points for a consolidation of power in 1933 essay:
legal rev
violence
removing opposition

I'm not sure of anything else to put in
xx

I have

Key support of president and elites is a good paragraph also :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Possible exam questions for FInal Solution? Like how many different ways can they word it?
Original post by Finnskilongmuir
Hello, what could come up for opposition and morale together during WW2? thank you

Opposition to the Nazis:

Army
Church
Left
Youth
Conservative elite

Army was the biggest threat to the Nazis due to the various assassination attempts

Im not too sure about morale though :frown: xx
"Systematic extermination emerged as the Final Solution to the Jewish Question as a result of the chaotic nature of the Nazi state"

For this question, what does it actually mean by chaotic nature???

Also would you include these points:

Hitler's intentions
Impact of the war
Ordinary Germans

Thanks xxx
Reply 1999
Original post by Bunny2014
"Systematic extermination emerged as the Final Solution to the Jewish Question as a result of the chaotic nature of the Nazi state"

For this question, what does it actually mean by chaotic nature???

Also would you include these points:

Hitler's intentions
Impact of the war
Ordinary Germans

Thanks xxx

I think that means how chaos led to cumulative radicalisation which was one cause of the final solution... Like the reasons behind Kristallnacht was chaotic for example

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending