The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 History - Germany 1900-45 - Monday 8th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tow
You've got some good points but I think what's really lacking is structure.

I noticed one of your paragraphs was barely 6/7 lines long.

Try and make sure every single paragraph is pretty much about 15ish lines at least. This ensures that you analysed the point to enough detail and have enough knowledge.

Anything less would should that you don't really know what you're talking about.

That's why we say aim for about 4-5 paragraphs because you can't hope to write 6-7 paragraphs each around 15 lines long xD - you need to think your answer through etc.

Hope this helped :smile:

Thank you! This helped :smile: it was a timed essay and I was confused about the question because there was so many things so maybe that's why as well :frown: and I didn't know enough because I hadn't really revised and I was trying to remember all the points we came up with previously. Also I think one of my problems is structure in general :frown:
Thank you tho :smile: x
Original post by Tow
Also, try not to use evidence to start a paragraph - very bad habit.

Your point should be something VERY basic that doesn't involve any evidence - e.g. 'The chaotic nature of the Nazi party did, to some extent, bring about the... Etc'

Not 'the Madagascar plan shows how the chaotic nature...'

Aww ok thank you :smile: I'm so bad at wording my essays :frown: like this was so badly written :frown:
Okay I did:

Ww2 opposition
(Kinda) got most done on whether final solution was planned or not
Rise to power
Consolidation of power
Weimar 19-24 (how threatened was the regime by left/right wing extremists)

What should I move onto???
Original post by cuppa
Okay I did:

Ww2 opposition
(Kinda) got most done on whether final solution was planned or not
Rise to power
Consolidation of power
Weimar 19-24 (how threatened was the regime by left/right wing extremists)

What should I move onto???

Thats the main stuff im doing lolzzz

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by swagyolo420
Thats the main stuff im doing lolzzz

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess I better get memorising but j feel like i need to study more but idk what
How bad is it that I haven't memorized anything for this exam yet
Original post by pearl_rose
How bad is it that I haven't memorized anything for this exam yet

Could be worse. Get memorising though :biggrin:
Original post by cuppa
I guess I better get memorising but j feel like i need to study more but idk what

Theres too much, i do english and law aswell and i dont know how im remembering as much as i do atm😰😅

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by swagyolo420
Theres too much, i do english and law aswell and i dont know how im remembering as much as i do atm😰😅

Posted from TSR Mobile

I kinda left other exams completely behind. Whether it's for better or for worse I'm not sure 😂
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Tow
Also, try not to use evidence to start a paragraph - very bad habit.

Your point should be something VERY basic that doesn't involve any evidence - e.g. 'The chaotic nature of the Nazi party did, to some extent, bring about the... Etc'

Not 'the Madagascar plan shows how the chaotic nature...'

Do you have a link to your post about structure?

Or any idea how many days ago you posted it?

Thanks
Original post by CD223
True. That's a good section. Reckon Weimar/war economy is worth revising so much given it appeared last year?

I'll re-upload it when I can. Had a lot on recently lol.

Aww haha. Don't say that! What's brought this on?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you reupload it?

Thanks
Reply 1391
Original post by Student.96
Did you reupload it?

Thanks

Tying to find it. I think it's on my college account -,-

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks

I think I uploaded the link yesterday
Original post by CD223
Tying to find it. I think it's on my college account -,-

Posted from TSR Mobile

are we talking about the colourful PDF (or whatever it was) with all the past questions planned? cos if so i must have it saved on my ipad for when i was first looking at it.

Thanks

It's quite far back where I talked about structure.

It won't take you long to just scroll back pages - 5 min max

XD
This questions has probably been answered before but can someone please help me out with it. I don't know how far back it has been. I need help with the main points for "The final solution evolved because of the chaotic nature of the Nazi regime in the years 1939-42" how far do you agree?
Any help would be appreciated.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fatsherry
This questions has probably been answered before but can someone please help me out with it. I don't know how far back it has been. I need help with the main points for "The final solution evolved because of the chaotic nature of the Nazi regime in the years 1939-42" how far do you agree?

Posted from TSR Mobile

the past 4 or so pages are all about this! :smile:
· How far do you agree that the new WeimarRepublic was seriously threatened by political extremists in the years 1919–24?

For this question would you include the Ebert Groner agreement and Stinnes agreement? x
Original post by fatsherry

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey,

Kindly Tess uploaded her essay so that should be useful and she also came up with what to include! :smile: x
Original post by cuppa
are we talking about the colourful PDF (or whatever it was) with all the past questions planned? cos if so i must have it saved on my ipad for when i was first looking at it.

Could you or somebody else please re-post that? I can't find it! thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending