The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 History - Germany 1900-45 - Monday 8th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ibrahimbasar
Hi, has anyone written a plan for an essay on the evolution of the final solution? I tried to write this essay and had the following points:
Hitlers actions and anti semitism
Polycracy and chaotic nature of govt
War time and cost of ghettos eg

Sorry, see my last post

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by swagyolo420
Sorry, see my last post

Posted from TSR Mobile

So its unlikely to come up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by robotboy96
So its unlikely to come up?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Could do. Sorry i meant 5 years is while, so they may want to test it again:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1783
Original post by tggfootymad
You DO NOT need events of war, military stuff. Only domestic impact, although even that is unlikely to come up again!

Original post by ebm241
And yea Defo they won't ask a question on it because there is no real room for anaylsis on just the war's course -so yes it'll always be broader political and social impacts

What kinds of things would you both say for the impact of war?

Politically: Burgfrieden, silent dictatorship, sidelining of Kaiser, bureaucracy failed to run war effort, polarisation upon USA's entry, split of left into USPD, peace resolution, resignation of Hollweg, Michaelis & Hertling, Treaty of Brest Litovsk, Failure of Ludendorff Offensive

Socially: Initial unity, only a few radicals against war, class divisions bridged by collective suffering, all suffered hardships by 1916, strikes, shortages, July Crisis 1917, protest 1918, opposition to war at an all time high

Economically: Never really sorted economy for war, KRA, War Food Office, Supreme War Office, Imperial Grain Corporation, chaotic mess, printed more money, only 16% of war cost met by taxation

Anything else?

Original post by dstunr
Could you go into a bit more detail about pragmatism and key support please?

Pragmatism includes stuff like Hitler's Concordat - realising the strength of Catholicism he didn't want to remove it completely. Also, only revising 5% of the civil service so the state could still function.

Key support includes the elites who wanted a military dictatorship so they turned a blind eye to Nazi violence, Hindenburg who authorised the Emergency Decrees, Papen who supported Hitler convincing many Catholics they could too, industrialists funding Hitler.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1784
Are you all revising for both controversies (part b questions) I definitely want to do the ww1 controversy and feel like I'm wasting time revising the other hitler one, but I'm scared in case it is suddenly a really weird question for ww1... Like it can only be about war guilt right?
Original post by Lucyal
Are you all revising for both controversies (part b questions) I definitely want to do the ww1 controversy and feel like I'm wasting time revising the other hitler one, but I'm scared in case it is suddenly a really weird question for ww1... Like it can only be about war guilt right?

Your college should have only taught you one controversy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lucyal

Don't revise nazis if you don't want to. If you do then only revise efficiency because it's much more likely.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1787
Anyone have a revision check list for things to revise as part of last minute revision?
thanks! :smile:
Could somene please outline generalplan ost and adam tooze's view on foodsupply problems 1941
Thanks
Original post by CD223
What kinds of things would you both say for the impact of war?

Politically: Burgfrieden, silent dictatorship, sidelining of Kaiser, bureaucracy failed to run war effort, polarisation upon USA's entry, split of left into USPD, peace resolution, resignation of Hollweg, Michaelis & Hertling, Treaty of Brest Litovsk, Failure of Ludendorff Offensive

Socially: Initial unity, only a few radicals against war, class divisions bridged by collective suffering, all suffered hardships by 1916, strikes, shortages, July Crisis 1917, protest 1918, opposition to war at an all time high

Economically: Never really sorted economy for war, KRA, War Food Office, Supreme War Office, Imperial Grain Corporation, chaotic mess, printed more money, only 16% of war cost met by taxation

Anything else?

Pragmatism includes stuff like Hitler's Concordat - realising the strength of Catholicism he didn't want to remove it completely. Also, only revising 5% of the civil service so the state could still function.

Key support includes the elites who wanted a military dictatorship so they turned a blind eye to Nazi violence, Hindenburg who authorised the Emergency Decrees, Papen who supported Hitler convincing many Catholics they could too, industrialists funding Hitler.

Posted from TSR Mobile

All that sort of stuff yet. Apart from that, I'm not sure frankly. It's come up so recently that I highly doubt it will this time, so I'm focusing my efforts on other areas now! Nazis, 2nd Reich in particular.
Could do. Sorry i meant 5 years is while, so they may want to test it again:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep they could test it again, they can do anything again. Much more likely is that they'll do new questions, there's enough untested stuff on the syllabus for them to do that, definitely in terms of 2nd reich + Nazis in particular.
Reply 1791
Original post by tggfootymad
All that sort of stuff yet. Apart from that, I'm not sure frankly. It's come up so recently that I highly doubt it will this time, so I'm focusing my efforts on other areas now! Nazis, 2nd Reich in particular.

I hope for Kaiserreich and Nazi consolidation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd be surprised if it wasn't! It will be along those lines
Original post by CD223

Posted from TSR Mobile

But I'm still trying to prepare for everything that might come up. Basically anything in the first 3 units! 4th v.unlikely and I don't really like it frankly..
Tbh I feel like I've got the knowledge but could only really reproduce the essays for Nazi rise/consolidation unit; maybe entrenched autocracy question for second reich. I guess shows what to revise ):

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nazi consolidation just seems like such a short time frame 😝 i know there is a enough to write.. But would they rrally ask it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1796
If Nazi consolidation comes up I think grade boundaries will be at an all time high. 60/70 for an E maybe? :L

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
If Nazi consolidation comes up I think grade boundaries will be at an all time high. 60/70 for an E maybe? :L

Posted from TSR Mobile

RIP

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nazi consolidation just seems like such a short time frame 😝 i know there is a enough to write.. But would they rrally ask it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wouldn't have included it in the specification if they didn't care for it probably

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223

Posted from TSR Mobile

71/70 for an A

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending