The Student Room Group

Adult nursing first year books.

Hi I start uni in March to do adult nursing, I'm trying to be organised and purchase books I need in advance while I have cash from my job. Anyone students recommend any good books to buy?!

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lucys7
Hi I start uni in March to do adult nursing, I'm trying to be organised and purchase books I need in advance while I have cash from my job. Anyone students recommend any good books to buy?!

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Save your money and wait until you start.
It's good to try and get them but each university had slightly differing core texts and will work from them. It's best if you can find someone from the uni you are going to attend to see what books they are using.
A good physiology and anatomy book will be good as well as something to help with drug calculations. But your university library will have them in to begin with too.
Best of luck with your course!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good advice from the person above, and I would completely agree. However...

The main one for Adult Nursing Students that I am aware of, is The Royal Marsden Hospital Manual of Clinical Nursing Procedures (2011). I have the Child branch equivalent written by Great Ormond Street and it's useful, and it will last beyond when I qualify. As for anything else, wait until your university can recommend any. Their library will have lots of the books - and any you really like you can then go and buy yourself as I have done.

For this one book, it's potentially a good idea to buy now, as the prices of books go up in September time, when retailers know there's loads of new university students in need of text books.

Hope that helps
Joel

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending