The Student Room Group

Gcse drama script?

So I have to choose my gcse drama scripted piece soon and I'm having trouble choosing one because I am (probably) in a group with only 2, or maybe 4, people so obviously the choice is very limited. I was looking at Gorgeous by Anna Furse, but I am not sure because of the long monologues, and I wondered if anyone had any other ideas, thanks!
Hi there I did GCSE last year and our last peformance was in small groups 3-4 people and the best grades were:
Shakers-4 female bar staff reanact their experiences
Bouncers-about 4 bouncers
Teechers-3 students who have a new drama teacher and get them to love Drama.They reanact school life.
All by John Godber and think they are quite popular for GCSE drama.They all involve multi-rolls and are comedies which can be shortened down.

Also you could do 39 steps by Patrick Barlow I beleive it has 3 or 4 actors needed but it is very comical when peformed and also involves multirolling
I dont explain these plays well but search them up and if you work hard at it you can get the top grades.
Anything without characters are good for 2 people, maybe a Sarah Kane piece?

or an adaptation of a famous play, have you asked whether or not you can adapt plays or re-write certain scenes to fit your style?
Reply 3
Thanks for the suggestion of Sarah Kane,
I've had a look at Psychosis and it looks really interesting, I will show it to my Drama teacher tomorrow.
Unfortunately we aren't allowed to adapt the scripts too much, so a well-known play would be difficult, especially with only 2 or 3 people, but thanks! :-)
Glad to help, I did 4.48 Psychosis for my GCSE play and we did really well, all you need to use is the text and you pick out you're favourite parts.

Another great play with no characters is called 'Attempts on her life' by Martin Crimp, I did that in my first year at Uni and it's very similar to 4.48
Reply 5
Where were you reading the script? I really need one and I can't find it anywhere... Plz PM me I need to find this script for my A-level exam
Reply 6
Where did u read the script of gorgeous by Anna furse? I really need to get a hold of it for my A level exam but I can't find it anywhere! Plz PM me cos I need it urgently

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending