The Student Room Group

Plans on cheering yourself up

I'll probably get a slice of cake and some sweets/chocolate on that day. I might have dinner out with a friend (she says she'll be there to cheer me up if I get rejected! :frown: I know I will get rejected anyway).

What are you Oxford hopefuls going to do if you receive a rejection on 7th January? And what would you
Reply 1
Embarrassing.

Mods please delete this thread.
You think you're embarrassed about starting this thread?! Dude, I am majorly embarrassed about how happy I got seeing it! :colondollar: Pathetic I know, but it's seriously cool to see someone start a thread which advocates moving the hell on and trying to get over it even though it'll suck etc etc so thanks for even creating it even if you hate it :smile:

My glamorous plans are as follows:
a) Crying. Crying profusely. Throwing things. Crying while throwing things. Making a pillow fort. Proceeding to cry in said pillow fort. Basically giving myself a day to over-react ridiculously and just get the damn thing out my system as much as possible
b) Going into school to mope to friends/declare to everyone else that I'm soooooooooo over it already! while internally screaming on the inside
c) Binging the ever-loving hell out of Orange Is The New Black, Scrubs, Death Note, Disney films and whatever is on Netflix. And, of course, on copious amounts of junk food. This will not be a pretty stage.
e) On my my most bitter days, gorging a ton of articles trashing Oxbridge because I bet I'll be feeling preeeetty damn petty I'm sure
f) Repeatedly blasting songs which channel that "no-REALLY-now-I'm-soooooooooooooo-freaking-over-you-SERIOUSLY.-OVER.-YOU!" vibe with glorious numbers such as "I Will Survive", "So What", "Really Don't Care" and "Since U've Been Gone"
f) Go out with friends, party it up, laugh a LOT, etc etc
g) Read up on all the other unis I've applied to and get psyched because there's one I am seriously in love with and if I get an offer from them that would be the bomb (if I'm rejected from them to though...well, I'll just have to repeat the cycle!)

One of the main reasons I think Oxbridge rejections are such smacks in the faces besides quality and courses etc is that you can so easily unwittingly pump yourself into the Oxbridge process. It draws you into fixation without you even noticing and that's why it's so freaking dangerous! You edit and re-edit your personal statement, take tests, submit written work, get interviewed...it's so hard to mentally tear yourself away from that dedicated mindset. But nevertheless, we shall troop on!

I get I'm whining so pathetically it's unreal but being this openly pathetic turns out to be so insanely cathartic...yeah, okay, I still got a bit carried away - sorry about that! :biggrin:

ANYWAY. !. I really hope you don't get rejected BWV1007 and best of luck!! If you do though, you will so not be alone. I bet I will and a ton of other people will too, probably even some you know if there were any other Oxbridgers at your school. And you got an interview, so massive congratulations on even getting that far!

All of my friends who got rejected last year are loving uni life regardless which bodes well - wherever we end up, I'm sure we'll love it :smile:

[Mods: if the OP wants this thread deleted, please delete it! I don't think my comment would prevent that but I have no idea so I just thought I'd say :smile:]
Original post by BWV1007
I'll probably get a slice of cake and some sweets/chocolate on that day. I might have dinner out with a friend (she says she'll be there to cheer me up if I get rejected! :frown: I know I will get rejected anyway).

What are you Oxford hopefuls going to do if you receive a rejection on 7th January? And what would you

Why not discuss how it would feel if you did ​receive an offer? :smile:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wqx3YpbQ8jE

And I will carry on
I will carry on with grace
Zero tears on my face (zero tears on my face)
Original post by BWV1007
x

Thank you for creating this thread! Really! Wonderful idea!

I don't have time to follow any routine because I'm super busy. I will text and/or call my family and friends (who are a hundred percent sure that I'll get in which makes the whole thing even more painful), cry with my best friend, dance, potentially get drunk with my best friend, and carry on. Then I'll follow the Ross-Kuebler model a.k.a five stages of grief.

(I didn't get my decision letter yet, #internationalapplicantproblems.)

Have you gotten in? (Like, everybody who ever commented in this thread?)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending