The Student Room Group

Listening to a song overnight changes the way it sounds completely.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by excitedpresent
This is fascinating, I've never heard of this phenomena before but now I want to try it out

How many times did you listen to it overnight? I don't usually listen to songs on repeat, perhaps the fact you were constantly listening to it made it wear off?

Put on a random song of your choice and let it loop in your ears until you fall asleep, in the morning you’ll hear the audio very different to its original sound. (make sure to use head or earphones)
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 41
Original post by excitedpresent
This is fascinating, I've never heard of this phenomena before but now I want to try it out

How many times did you listen to it overnight? I don't usually listen to songs on repeat, perhaps the fact you were constantly listening to it made it wear off?

All you have to do is play a song of your choice that you feel like is bearable to play for hours then put it on loop until you doze asleep while the music is in your ears with head or earphones. You will hear the music in a very different version than what you remember it off.
Reply 42
Original post by ummm
I've found on many occasions that if I listen to a specific song on repeat whilst I sleep, it sounds very different when I play it again the next day. I usually have to check that it actually is the same version of the song. I can't pinpoint what specifically sounds different. It just sounds like a cover of the song. It's hard to describe.

I googled it and others have had similar experience.

It happened to me last night with "Power of Love" by Frankie Goes to Hollywood.

Have any of you found this?

Whenever this happened to me, I would leave the song I listened to for 5 days and it would go back to its normal sound.
I've found on many occasions that if I listen to a specific song on repeat whilst I sleep, it sounds very different when I play it again the next day. I usually have to check that it actually is the same version of the song. I can't pinpoint what specifically sounds different. It just sounds like a cover of the song. It's hard to describe.I googled it and others have had similar experience.It happened to me last night with
Original post by ummm
I've found on many occasions that if I listen to a specific song on repeat whilst I sleep, it sounds very different when I play it again the next day. I usually have to check that it actually is the same version of the song. I can't pinpoint what specifically sounds different. It just sounds like a cover of the song. It's hard to describe.
I googled it and others have had similar experience.
It happened to me last night with "Power of Love" by Frankie Goes to Hollywood.
Have any of you found this?
OMG OK SO IK THIS IS OLD BUT THIS HAPPENED TO ME LAST NIGHT WITH SWEET HIBISCUS TEA BY PENELOPE SCOTT i accidentally fell asleep to it and woke up so confused bc it sounded nothing like the song?? i kept listening to it later in the day and it still sounded weird, i went on youtube and everything and nothing changed, tysm i thought i was going insane

Quick Reply

Latest