The Student Room Group

Can I still get smarter

I'm a 15 year old and I barely even know second grade math my teachers haven't taught me anything can anyone reach out to help me
Original post by Jake'
I'm a 15 year old and I barely even know second grade math my teachers haven't taught me anything can anyone reach out to help me

Sure. I can help you! :smile:
Original post by Jake'

Yeah sure don’t worry! DM me if you’d like or someone else loads of people would be willing to help
Original post by Jake'

If you click on my profile name, then click "My Contact Info", you can send me a private message with exactly what it is you need help with :smile:
Reply 4
It's never too late to increase your knowledge level, learning is a lifelong process after all. Here's some advice:

Ask questions all the time about everything and listen to the answers carefully, the smartest people are also the most curious and will always be asking questions about how things work.

Don't be scared of looking stupid for asking questions, it's dumber not to know than it is to just ask.

Identify how you learn best and seek out information in ways that appeal to how you think e.g. are you a visual, sounds, writing or reading based thinker?

Set realistic and specific goals for how much you want to improve e.g. I want to be able to solve 10th grade math problems with 70% accuracy in 2 months.

Keep track of your progress and fail fast (change your approach ASAP if it doesn't help you reach your goals).

Reward yourself for reaching your goals along the way to stay motivated.

Put more energy into learning the things that naturally interest you so that it is more enjoyable.

If you have to learn things you don't enjoy so much, try to find ways to make it more appealing to you e.g. link the information to things you actually care about, solve problems that matter to you, make jokes about funny facts.

Practice, practice, practice! Do a little every day in ways you can tolerate (5 minutes a day is always better than doing nothing!). Don't give up! It all adds up in the end.

Be patient, getting "smarter" does not happen overnight - it is a consequence of consistent effort applied over a long time resulting in continuous improvement.

Don't compare yourself to other people, nobody else will think exactly the same way as you or face the same challenges. Your learning journey is personal and an act of personal self-improvement.

Share what you have learned and help others who may have struggled with something you overcame. Teaching is a great way to reinforce knowledge.

Ultimately how much you learn comes down to the choices you make, not how good your teachers are.

Reply 5
Original post by catstacks
It's never too late to increase your knowledge level, learning is a lifelong process after all. Here's some advice:

Ask questions all the time about everything and listen to the answers carefully, the smartest people are also the most curious and will always be asking questions about how things work.

Don't be scared of looking stupid for asking questions, it's dumber not to know than it is to just ask.

Identify how you learn best and seek out information in ways that appeal to how you think e.g. are you a visual, sounds, writing or reading based thinker?

Set realistic and specific goals for how much you want to improve e.g. I want to be able to solve 10th grade math problems with 70% accuracy in 2 months.

Keep track of your progress and fail fast (change your approach ASAP if it doesn't help you reach your goals).

Reward yourself for reaching your goals along the way to stay motivated.

Put more energy into learning the things that naturally interest you so that it is more enjoyable.

If you have to learn things you don't enjoy so much, try to find ways to make it more appealing to you e.g. link the information to things you actually care about, solve problems that matter to you, make jokes about funny facts.

Practice, practice, practice! Do a little every day in ways you can tolerate (5 minutes a day is always better than doing nothing!). Don't give up! It all adds up in the end.

Be patient, getting "smarter" does not happen overnight - it is a consequence of consistent effort applied over a long time resulting in continuous improvement.

Don't compare yourself to other people, nobody else will think exactly the same way as you or face the same challenges. Your learning journey is personal and an act of personal self-improvement.

Share what you have learned and help others who may have struggled with something you overcame. Teaching is a great way to reinforce knowledge.

Ultimately how much you learn comes down to the choices you make, not how good your teachers are.

Thank u for ur help

Quick Reply

Latest