The Student Room Group

Has anyone watched Wolf of Wallstreet

Scroll to see replies

It's brilliant. A lot of naked women too which surprised me.
It's one of the worst films I've ever watched.

It's just one scene of drug taking and parties. Followed by another scene of the same. Followed by another scene of the same after that. For 3 hours.

Unfortunately about 90 mins in I got to the point where I was like 'well I've watched so much of it now, I might as well stick around'. Wished I hadn't.
Original post by voiceofreason234
It's one of the worst films I've ever watched.

It's just one scene of drug taking and parties. Followed by another scene of the same. Followed by another scene of the same after that. For 3 hours.

Unfortunately about 90 mins in I got to the point where I was like 'well I've watched so much of it now, I might as well stick around'. Wished I hadn't.

You forgot the 10 minute speeches where nothing of note is said.
it was a good movie and i do not think that it was too long
Reply 24
I thought it was great

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hilarious film, I loved it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mackay
Not Scorsese's, or Di Caprio's, finest film.

True, but a great film nonetheless.
It's a brilliant film. I don't know how people can say the film is just full of sex and drugs. There is a lot of that of course but you are ignoring all the sales pitches, the time he is conversing with those investigating him on the boat and the great speeches. If you think this is just a film of sex and drugs then I can't help but feel sorry for you. It's clearly a film portraying a man who was so hungry to become successful and rich, at the expense of almost anyone, that he let it get ahead of him and in the end, just as predicted by his first partner, it caught up with him to bite him on the backside. It showed all the trials and tribulations he faced along the way as well as all of the good things. He goes from a man who wants a good and successful job to a person his first partner barely recognises and then becomes someone that his second partner doesn't even want her children around. On a deeper level it just shows how money can control someone to the point whereby its actually an addiction.
Original post by Lord Baelish
It's a brilliant film. I don't know how people can say the film is just full of sex and drugs. There is a lot of that of course but you are ignoring all the sales pitches, the time he is conversing with those investigating him on the boat and the great speeches.

Haha, dude, come on. The conversation with the investigators is pure ****. The problem is the concept is so easily comparable with Catch Me if You Can, which gave the investigator a personality, his own set of challenges and struggles, and a unique relationship with the protagonist. In the Wolf of Wall Street the guy has sweaty balls. That level of exposition is not exactly one of the movie's strong points.

And "great speeches" jesus christ, just type "cheesy weight lifting motivation for stupid meatheads" into google if you want to find more speeches you probably think are great.
Yes, first time I was indifferent, second time I hated it and the third time, I loved it! Seriously strange how it took me three tries to like it :s-smilie:
good film although it is too similar to goodfellas [in terms of structure and direction] for me which is far better.
Watched it as soon as a DVD rip was online.

It's basically Wall Street on steroids with a faster pace and more action. Designed to appeal to the neutral cinema goer and fans of the Wall Street/Business genre if you can call it that and it does that pretty well.
Reply 32
Very awesome. 8/10 would watch again.

Quick Reply

Latest