The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Parents at Applicant days?

On the website it says I can bring my parents. but I don't really want to bring my parents if no-one else is. Are you bringing your parents on the applicant day?
Original post by rainshadow
On the website it says I can bring my parents. but I don't really want to bring my parents if no-one else is. Are you bringing your parents on the applicant day?

It's very common, you definitley wont be the only one
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
I'm bringing my mum (seeing as she's paying for the journey there and back/hotel), but it's not compulsory to bring anyone with you!
I'm going with my boyfriend who is a current student there
Reply 4
I'll be going with my daughter on applicants day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I work applicant days, honestly there are more people there who have their parents (or their whole entire family brothers and sisters and all!) compared to people who come alone. Don't worry :smile: There are also separate talks that are catered to parents during the day, at least there are in Science, not sure about other faculties.
Reply 6
Original post by makingamemory
I work applicant days, honestly there are more people there who have their parents (or their whole entire family brothers and sisters and all!) compared to people who come alone. Don't worry :smile: There are also separate talks that are catered to parents during the day, at least there are in Science, not sure about other faculties.

Than you for your help everyone!

We've decided that my parents will enjoy a day in Norwich until 2.15 when they will come in for the parent talks, leaving me to go to my student talks alone.

:smile:
Reply 7
Than you for your help everyone!

We've decided that my parents will enjoy a day in Norwich until 2.15 when they will come in for the parent talks, leaving me to go to my student talks alone.

:smile:

I'm a student guide at the open days- for the most part it is with parents then you separate for a talk :smile:

it's more common than not to bring parents :smile:

hope you enjoy the day!
Reply 8
I'm bringing my Dad

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending