The Student Room Group

Childcare grant 23/24

I just had my student finance application accepted after around 8 weeks of waiting. I applied for parents learning allowance and childcare grant on the same form. My parents allowance was approved but I had not heard anything about childcare grant. I called and they said that they can see I did apply for childcare grant but that it's been missed and my application has not been assessed, so they need to reopen my application.

Has anyone else had this happen? Will it now take another 8 weeks?
The nursery need paying in September and I'm so stressed about not having the CCG in place in time, how long will it take to set up?
Original post by Nicoleg1996
I just had my student finance application accepted after around 8 weeks of waiting. I applied for parents learning allowance and childcare grant on the same form. My parents allowance was approved but I had not heard anything about childcare grant. I called and they said that they can see I did apply for childcare grant but that it's been missed and my application has not been assessed, so they need to reopen my application.

The nursery need paying in September and I'm so stressed about not having the CCG in place in time, how long will it take to set up?

Hi Nicole,

If the adviser sent a referral, our current timescales for that are approximately 5 working days, with subject to change depending on our current volumes.

Thanks, Clare
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi Nicole,

If the adviser sent a referral, our current timescales for that are approximately 5 working days, with subject to change depending on our current volumes.

Thanks, Clare

Great thankyou, so if the application gets approved would the nursery be ready to start receiving payments in September?
I've never used the childcare grant before so unsure how it works
Great thankyou, so if the application gets approved would the nursery be ready to start receiving payments in September?
I've never used the childcare grant before so unsure how it works

Hi Nicole,

You would receive an email 10 calendar days after the assessment to register on the Childcare Grant Payment Service website. After this, your childcare provider can make claims for you to approve at your side from the start of the academic year.

Thanks, Clare
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi Nicole,

You would receive an email 10 calendar days after the assessment to register on the Childcare Grant Payment Service website. After this, your childcare provider can make claims for you to approve at your side from the start of the academic year.

Thanks, Clare

Hello

There has once again been a mistake student finance have said I'm not eligible for childcare grant because I am claiming universal credit, however I am not claiming universal credit, I am going to send them proof of this, how long will it then take for them to reasses my application please?
Hello

There has once again been a mistake student finance have said I'm not eligible for childcare grant because I am claiming universal credit, however I am not claiming universal credit, I am going to send them proof of this, how long will it then take for them to reasses my application please?

Hi Nicole,

We advise 26 working days currently for this to be processed. This is an estimated timescale based on current workflows. If you monitor your account for this updating. You can track the progress by following this video linked here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a4p4IP1lzo Thanks, Jason
Reply 6
Hi, I applied for the childcare grant after my student finance had been approved as I was not aware of the scheme before hand. However I haven’t heard anything back from them and it has now been over 10 days. Does any one know how long it takes to hear back from them as I have already put my son in with a childminders in anticipation of this coming through. Thanks in advance.

Hi Nicole,

When you called up did they say they were going to send a referral to have your application reviewed as this should be processed in 5 working days?

Thanks, Drew

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending