The Student Room Group

OCR A2 G674 June 2015 Exploring Social Inequality and Difference

New thread for anyone studying OCR A2 Sociology - G674 Exploring Social Inequality and Difference for the exam in June 2015.

Discuss, ask questions, share opinions/analysis/information and predicted questions about the case study and exam here.

P.s.
Thread for OCR A2 Sociology - G673 Power & Control: The Sociology of Crime & Deviance for June 2015 is here:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3055775
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi I'm taking this exam so just checking in on this thread. I have just gathered all the past papers and mark schemes from the OCR website in order to make my question predictions. What do you think? Also, how's Sociology going for you in general? How was AS?

:smile: Tara
Reply 2
Hi :biggrin:
Sociology's going okay. Have you finished unit 3 yet? AS was good too :smile: What about your AS & A2 Sociology?
Reply 3
Hi there! I will be sitting my g674 exam this June...I really struggle with the essays. Does anyone have any model essays they could share?

Kind regards

Amy
Original post by edumcater
Hi :biggrin:
Sociology's going okay. Have you finished unit 3 yet? AS was good too :smile: What about your AS & A2 Sociology?

Hi! Sorry this is late been super busy these past few days.

I am almost finished with it- probably will be finished in 2 weeks time. AS went very well- got 78 (Grr so close) in G671 and 93 in G672, so an A overall with 171 UMS. I am really enjoying Power and Control: Education- I have the bonus of having worked in a range of schools (I am nearly 23) so I have some good background knowledge than informs my reading. For G674 I believe my degree will help me (I have a BSc in Psychology so some research methods are very familiar to me). Which G673 option are you doing? Touched on G674 yet?

If you're confused as to why I have a degree but am also doing an A level...bascially in June 2009 I got my AS levels. I got really ill and took a year out of school. Went back the next year and took finished only 2 of my courses to A level (uni took me on points). So now after completing my degree in June 2014 I am going to finish my third A level. I am teaching myself and entering as private candidate, and studying a postgraduate course (MSc Research Methods in Psychology). Some call me mad...and I'm not sure I'd disagree. :colondollar:

Would love an A* (I've never got one) but would be super happy with an A which would make my A levels read AAA :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by 212575
Hi there! I will be sitting my g674 exam this June...I really struggle with the essays. Does anyone have any model essays they could share?

Kind regards

Amy

As soon as I write some, I will share them here :smile:
Reply 6
I'm doing this too, anyone got predictions of what question 3/4 will be?
hey guys...is there a difference between class inequality and changing class structure? thanks
Yes, they are two seperate essays that you could be asked on social class ....

Class inequality- Compare/contrast Marxist, Weberian and Functionalist views on

Changing class structure examines how class has changed over time (Embourgeoisement, Proletarianisation, the emerging underclass, the decline is aristocracy and the rising of the buisness elite
thanks any predictions for the exam??
I'm a resit student and last year it was class and age that came up (when i'd only revised gender and ethnicity - I got a U) I can't remember which method came up though.
Reply 11
any predictions for which inequality topic would come up?
Reply 12
What was june 2014 (last year) questions?
i am sure that age and changing class structure came up last year.
Reply 14
Anyone have any predictions on what topic may come up for power and control: education and G674 paper??? I've got so many topics to cover wanted to narrow it down to a few only like last year.
I am sitting the exam this your and my teacher is predicting that gender will come up. Plus she has looked over the past papers and have pointed out that expansions of male inequality has not came up. Does anyone have any other ideas on what may come up?
Reply 16
I also think gender and ethnic inequalities may come up. Has your teacher made any predictions for the education paper? Or on what research method might come up?

Thank you
Original post by loveuandme
I am sitting the exam this your and my teacher is predicting that gender will come up. Plus she has looked over the past papers and have pointed out that expansions of male inequality has not came up. Does anyone have any other ideas on what may come up? ������
the specification doesnot mention male inequalities...that would be unfair to ask that
Reply 18
yeah male inequalities will not come up, I think gender and ethnic inequalities most likely to come up. also anyone know any specific questions for 40 marker to come up?
I'm just focusing on gender and ethnicity and a bit of class just incase.

Does anyone know what topics came up for G673 education last year. Can't find past paper anywhere :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending