The Student Room Group

Applying for History and Politics in Scotland

Hi guys!
So I live in Luxembourg and I'm in my last year of high school.
I'm applying to these universities via UCAS tomorrow: Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Stirling, Strathclyde and Dundee.
I'm applying for History and Politics.
Do you think I stand a chance?
(Here our grades are out of 60, 0 being the worst mark and 60 the best)
My predicted grades are 49/60 (I've never had less) and my grades in History are 58/60. Also, I've been awaded for being a merituous student :smile:

But honestly, I'm really worried I won't any offers because it's so competitive...
Reply 1
I am having the same doubts atm, being from Germany... As schools aren't able to provide predicted grades here I had to sent my application with a reference and my personal statement alone. A very daunting prospect at first- but it turned out to be fine, as I received an offer not long ago, from one of my most competitive choices (Uni of Glasgow) :smile:

So I am left waiting for the other answers...

I think your personal statement can be really effective and strenghen your application! Don't be worried!

xxx Ammi
Reply 2
Thank you!
I'm just worried that since I have 9 luxembourgish 'A-levels' exams that this will ruin my general grade since it is very hard to get great marks in all of them... (Especially since I'm taking advanced maths, advanced physics, advanced biology and advanced chemistry :s-smilie:)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending