The Student Room Group

Lump on inside of buttock

I am a 19 year old male and I have discovered a lump about the size of a 2p coin on the inside of my right buttock. It is not particularly painful really, it just causes a bit of discomfort when I sit down. I will visit the doctor asap but for now I was wondering if anybody knew what it may be?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
possible a benigne tumor! but thats worsecase scenareo! get it sorted
Reply 2
Probably more likely to be a spot or infected follicle though! How long has it been like it? If you've just discovered it today I'd wait for a few days to see if it goes down before rushing to the doctor.
Reply 3
PseudoPhoenix
possible a benigne tumor! but thats worsecase scenareo! get it sorted

I wasn't aware that cancer had already been cured. Hurrah!
Reply 4
Well I actually only noticed it yesterday. I was going to wait a few days but if this thing is serious then the earlier I sort it out the better, right?
Reply 5
If it's hugely serious a couple of days is unlikely to make much difference. If it's a spot, just how embarrassed are you going to be when you pull your trousers down and the doctor tells you:

^o) "It's a spot"
Reply 6
True lol, it would be embarassing. It would be worth the relief, though.
Reply 7
It's most probably a boil caused by an infected hair follicle. I had one a while back. Go to your doctor and they'll give you some antibiotics if that's the problem.
Reply 8
It could just be a bit of grisal (what my doc called it) when I found a pea sized lump on my chest, I didn't think it was cancer or anything but better to be safe than sorry. Let us know how it goes.
Reply 9
i had a bit of grizzle (lol) on my ankle when my tendons got torn playing rugby, you just have to physio it until it goes away. Could it be a pile/haemorrhoid? If the doc goes its a spot being all cocky just say 'pop it for us'
Reply 10
Thanks guys. Helped me calm down a bit. I will defo see the doc.
I hate to be the one to point this out but you can't get buttock cancer!
Reply 12
Timeslikethese

You can. Been googling it, there are people who have had their legs amputated because of it. You can get soft tissue tumours, which can be cancerous.
Reply 13
you can get cancer anywhere.
Azzle
you can get cancer anywhere.

almost everywhere.
Reply 15
no really.
Reply 16
Timeslikethese

Wherever there's a tumour, obtains the possibility of its being either malign or benign; ergo, assuming that it were a tumour, the 'worst case' scenario would be one of malignant proliferation. I was addressing that discrepancy.
Reply 17
You can get cancer in any part of the body.
Profesh
I wasn't aware that cancer had already been cured. Hurrah!

where have you been? :p:
Reply 19
:rofl: The doctors are in the house tonight!

/\/\ - Adenoma, Papiloma, Abcess, Basal Cell Carcinoma, Wart, loads of other things.

Don't worry too much, most things are minor and can be cut off or drained in minor surgery either at your health centre or surgical outpatients.

Is it;

hard or soft?
warm?
smooth or rough?
on the skin, in the skin or beneath the skin?
tender?
can it be compressed?
does light shine through it?

Latest

Trending

Trending