The Student Room Group

Is sciatica pain like this?

I have signs of sciatica endometriosis (tingly, numbness) on buttocks, hips and leg down to rhe foot (sometimes) and all this is cyclical with my period for a few days before it starts going into the first two days but no shooting pains..
Reply 1
How long have you been experiencing these symptoms. On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate the worst pain you've felt. Does it cause significant immobility of movement? I would recommend visiting your GP.
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by quagmiretoilet
How long have you been experiencing these symptoms. On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate the worst pain you've felt. Does it cause significant immobility of movement? I would recommend visiting your GP.

i've been experiencing regular endometriosis symptoms since i was eleven so eight years now and the sciatica symptoms have happened ever since i was around fifteen or sixteen (i'm ninteen now) and because i have polycystic ovary syndrome my periods are irregular or can miss months so the numbness/tingling indicate that my period is coming as i can have mild cramps at any time of the month and even excrutiating. it isn't that painful, it's more uncomfortable and unpleasant. it's uncomfortable to walk on but it doesn't stop me from walking but i'm worried if it may in the future as it has gotten slightly worse. i would go to my GP but she dismisses me for cramps because of normal pelvic ultrasounds and i feel worried because i hate going to my GP incase i get dismissed or get told to try another birth control pill which i stopped for mental health reasons.
Reply 4
bump
Reply 5
bump

Quick Reply

Latest