The Student Room Group

Inexplicable panic

Hey, I have foolishly applied to 6 LNAT universities and after sitting my LNAT I am now inexplicably worrying about getting rejected by all 6! I don't even know why- I don't feel that the test went badly- I have kno idea how it went! Grrr....I'm such a pessimist. I just have this un-founded gut feeling I've failed miserably...I don't know why! Some one say something to calm me down, haha! Oh, by the way, does anyone know when and how we find out our scores? Thanks.
Reply 1
You find out your results sometime in January.
Wll, as with any exam all you can do is wait no point in worrying... what'sdone is done.
Reply 3
phil_m88
Hey, I have foolishly applied to 6 LNAT universities and after sitting my LNAT I am now inexplicably worrying about getting rejected by all 6! I don't even know why- I don't feel that the test went badly- I have kno idea how it went! Grrr....I'm such a pessimist. I just have this un-founded gut feeling I've failed miserably...I don't know why! Some one say something to calm me down, haha! Oh, by the way, does anyone know when and how we find out our scores? Thanks.

If yuo applied less than 14 days ago you could always substitute a uni for a non LNAT one?
Reply 4
The thing is I am don't want to go to any other university- I have my heart set on one of the 6 I've chosen. I think it's just the not knowing that's worrying me, I'm just trying not to think about it!
It seems to me that you have fallen into a trap that a lot of applicants fall into (although won't know for sure until you receive offer/rejections from the universities. The trap is that applicants apply to all the top universities when they don't especially have the best grades under the presumption that at least one of them would give them an offer. This is obviously a faulty line of thought because universities do not confer with each other and there is nobody that keeps track of your application and forces a university to give you the nod if all the others have rejected you.
The procedure is simple. Each university has its own standards: if you meet them you can expect to get an offer; if you don't then its probably not worth applying.
By the looks of it, barring an LNAT slip you should be OK though and super is being a touch harsh :wink:.
Don't worry. You can always ring up some universities. My uncle works at Trent. I know this is not anywhere near a top one and you might not like this one but he always tells me how a lot of universities hate UCAS and have no choice but to follow it. Sometimes they are pleased to be rung when they have a few extra places.
Reply 8
Superdillon, I am not stupid, I have not "fallen" into any "trap". I have not presumed at any time that I will get an offer from at least one university- I have know all along what I've been doing. I don't know why you had to post so harshly- and on a topic nothing to do with my LNAT result!

Latest

Trending

Trending