The Student Room Group

HELP! clearing

I been abroad for over a month visiting relatives with more or less no internet.

I've come back to find i'm in clearing. This is has caused me frequent panic attacks as I believe i'm too late to find any course or accomodation.

Please help.
There are still places available but if you don’t want to take a gap year then you might need to compromise on university or course.
What course are you hoping to study and what grades do you have?
Also what were your firm and insurance choices - knowing what you picked as firm will help people recommend similar places to you
Original post by McDonaldsEmploy
I been abroad for over a month visiting relatives with more or less no internet.

I've come back to find i'm in clearing. This is has caused me frequent panic attacks as I believe i'm too late to find any course or accomodation.

Please help.

But you knew you were in clearing a couple of weeks ago. What have you done about it since then?
Original post by PQ
There are still places available but if you don’t want to take a gap year then you might need to compromise on university or course.
What course are you hoping to study and what grades do you have?
Also what were your firm and insurance choices - knowing what you picked as firm will help people recommend similar places to you

I'm confused as OP seems to have known he was in clearing over 2 weeks ago, and his grades are DDE.
(edited 7 months ago)
bizarrely - OP actually has grades of CDD (DDE are just the latest results)...and was asking about clearing months ago but hasn't actually done anything and then is saying they're having panic attacks after arranging to be away over results day :confused:

OP - if you're still interested in a computer related degree and have 64 or 80 points depending on which results you use then I'd suggest contacting somewhere like https://www.bournemouth.ac.uk/study/courses/bsc-hons-business-computing-analytics-foundation-year-option - you're very comfortably within the foundation year requirements and it's a course with an optional placement year and focus on business processes and project management so less about training you to code and more about becoming an IT professional
Original post by PQ
bizarrely - OP actually has grades of CDD (DDE are just the latest results)...and was asking about clearing months ago but hasn't actually done anything and then is saying they're having panic attacks after arranging to be away over results day :confused:

OP - if you're still interested in a computer related degree and have 64 or 80 points depending on which results you use then I'd suggest contacting somewhere like https://www.bournemouth.ac.uk/study/courses/bsc-hons-business-computing-analytics-foundation-year-option - you're very comfortably within the foundation year requirements and it's a course with an optional placement year and focus on business processes and project management so less about training you to code and more about becoming an IT professional

PRSOM
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
I'm confused as OP seems to have known he was in clearing over 2 weeks ago, and his grades are DDE.

yes i was aware of my grades but i expected the uni i initially applied for would at least offer a foundadation course which i could accept (this i didn't check).

I did have panic attacks when i was abroad, where i had only brief access to a internet cafe.
Original post by McDonaldsEmploy
yes i was aware of my grades but i expected the uni i initially applied for would at least offer a foundadation course which i could accept (this i didn't check).

I did have panic attacks when i was abroad, where i had only brief access to an internet cafe.

If you decide to take a gap year and reapply then you cannot arrange to be somewhere with no internet when your results come out. You need to be ready to confirm your places or look into clearing as soon as your grades are confirmed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending