The Student Room Group

Would you be proud if your own child turned out like you have?

Scroll to see replies

Not to blow my own trumpet but I would.
Overall yes, I mean there are some things I would want to improve like diet+exercise but otherwise I would be perfectly happy with a mini-me.
(edited 9 years ago)
So far sure, but I've hardly gone very far in life only being 19 and still at Uni myself. If they failed their high school education though I would be disgusted.
Original post by Anonymous Coward

I wouldn't. I've made so many mistakes in life and I've been going through so much pain and I wouldn't want any child of mine to go through the same things I have.
Hmmmm....yes and no. My child wouldn't be a murderer so that's something to be proud of.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes
No. I have a plethora of qualifications both academic and extracurricular but socially and emotionally I'm a stunted wreck and my family have began to suspect I have been autistic without diagnosis since birth
Yes if im being totally honest :smile: im a good kid, just need to work on my confidence and work on my laziness :tongue:
No as I will probably commit suicide out of lonliness one day, I would never have children to bring them into the pain and suffering of this world.
Original post by DailyMailIsALiar
No as I will probably commit suicide out of lonliness one day, I would never have children to bring them into the pain and suffering of this world.

if you're not trolling this is really sad and you should join us at Mental Health Support Society/see your GP pronto :frown:
Reply 11
Overall, yes. I have my major slip ups like any other human but majority of the time, I do good. My mother is still proud of me despite knowing the major mistakes I have done but what is life without making mistakes?
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
if you're not trolling this is really sad and you should join us at Mental Health Support Society/see your GP pronto :frown:

I'll go and see my GP but I doubt it would make more people here spark to me. The way we are situated here in rooms on our own is a recipe for isolation and loneliness. :frown:

Where is the support society? It'd be nice if I could join as it was nice speaking to others in te thread earlier on. :smile:
I think I would.
To people answering this: What does it mean to be 'proud' of your child, exactly?
That's all I ask.
Original post by DailyMailIsALiar
I'll go and see my GP but I doubt it would make more people here spark to me. The way we are situated here in rooms on our own is a recipe for isolation and loneliness. :frown:

Where is the support society? It'd be nice if I could join as it was nice speaking to others in te thread earlier on. :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2935691 :smile:

Original post by Maestosa
To people answering this: What does it mean to be 'proud' of your child, exactly?

That you feel that their actions and behaviours in life and attitude towards both their life and the lives of others/society has been positive, constructive and if not successful by social standards of success, a legacy you could fondly remember with respect and admiration.
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2935691 :smile:

That you feel that their actions and behaviours in life and attitude towards both their life and the lives of others/society has been positive, constructive and if not successful by social standards of success, a legacy you could fondly remember with respect and admiration.

Thank you. :smile:
Yes and no, I'm a good kid I guess (overall) and did well at school but I'm a bit of a pain in the **** if I'm totally honest :tongue:
No, I'm so lazy XD

Quick Reply

Latest