The Student Room Group

Rhinoplasty at harley medical

Hey.

I'm booked in to have rhinoplasty done with Harley medical next month with dr Ivo Gwanmesia and was wondering if anyone had used him before and had any reviews?

Thank you

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Not heard of him but from friends I know Harley only employ the best and most qualified so the result will be good.
Reply 2
Hey.. How did your op go? I'm due to have one with Ivo in April??
Reply 3
Hi I have done it, have you had your surgery yet?
Reply 4
Hello Madison,

I haven't yet no! How did yours go?
Did you get the results you wanted?
Hope to hear from you soon.
Reply 5
Hey, yes I did and I can't say im pleased. I feel very discouraged and let down. They are trying to reassure me and say that it's just the swelling and that its to soon to judge it but I hated it as soon as my cast came off. I wish I could find reviews with this surgeon to see if I am the only one that thinks this way but I can't find any.
Reply 6
Ah really? Im really sorry you feel like tthat! What did you want done initially? And wwhat's wrong with it.. I know the swelling is quite bad to begin with.. I really hope it reduces for you
Reply 7
I wanted the bone on my arch compeletly gone with a slight curv put on, smaller tip and more pushed up and for the nose to be pushed back. I can't see much of a difference if im honest with you. The bone is gone but my side profile is the same, that same hooked shape and I didn't get my curv put in. I felt like he didn't listen to what I wanted at all. I have been dreaming of this day for years and I feel Devistated.
Reply 8
When you mean pushed up do you mean the tip area? Bone on your arch, do you mean that you had a bump, was this filed dow? But the curve wasn't put in? How is your tip doing? Hmm I know what you mean it's like its a massive decision and you kind of wait all that time. I'm really scared i dnt want to end up worse that I started. Do you hate it and feel as if itS not an improvement? Ah how long post op are you? I've got my fingers crossed it heals properly for you..
Reply 9
So Yh the hump was filed down but my side profile doesn't seem any different, maybe slightly better but not what I wanted. And yes the curv was not put in which I was so angry about because I stressed it so many times that it was really what I wanted. I wanted the tip pushed up aswell but that was only done slightly. It's an improvement , it's not worse then my old nose but it's not amazing. You can't really tell that ive had anytjing done either. A lot of my friends had rhinoplasties and absolutely love it. It changed there life as soon as the cast came off. For me it's been a nightmare. Im 3 weeks post op.
Reply 10
Hmm.. Did he give you any explanation as to why the curve wasn't put in? well its good to hear that your not worse off. I find it a tad strange that he didn't have pics for me to view in my consultation! When you told him you weren't pleased was he open to the criticism?
He didn't have any pictures to show me either! I found that quite strange to and I remeber my instinct was telling me that was strange but I ignored it and now I wish I didnt. He said why I was just to dazed to remeber what he said. I feel like I picked him because he was the only one available at the time that I wanted to do it. Yes he was open and said it was swelling he said he was very pleased with the finished product now apparently I just need to wait for the swelling to go and I'll be pleased aswell but im not to sure. I wish there where more people To discuss this and what they thought of him. So many nurses I saw bragged and bragged about how amazing he was and how he did some of the best rhinoplasties theyve seen. What are you getting done?
Reply 12
Yh tbh that was my instinct aswell.. But like you its the only time I could get three weeks off work to get it done so I just went for it. Yh they do sing his praises but I guess that's because noone really knows him here.. Hes been practicing in America all this tim. Yeah its hard bebecause noone has actually reviewed him or anything. I tried soo many times to find ssomething! I want to get my bump filed down.. I'm not much of a fan of the curve but the funny thing is he suggested it to me! I want to get my tip refined and the tip raised aswelk as its slightly droopy. Did your tip look smaller?
That's so weird why would he not give it to me if I requested it and yet he would suggest it?!!?! Argh im so annoyed, it's smaller Yh but my nose is so swollen that you wouldn't really be able to tell much. I would say the size of my nose now is similar to my old nose just slightly shorter. It will continue to get smaller but I don't mo how drasticly it will change for the better
Reply 14
Hmm It is weird..but maybe its because I have quite a big nose to play with! Was yours like average to start with? Ah i just want it to be smAller.. I want the front view of it to be more refined I just hope it goes well. I think you'll notice the difference in a couple of months. Three weeks is too soon I think
Everyone says it's too soon to tell And that I might be pleasantly surprised by the turn out. We will see, for now I must accept there's nothing I can do and just hope for the best. I hope you get everything you ask for. In the mean time I suggest you push on getting photographs of his previous work.
Reply 16
Hey madison.. Hows it looking now? Hope your liking what you see now.. x
Hi, no not yet to be honest. how are you? Did you get any photographs?
Hi there how is it going? I saw my surgeon today and I told him about my concerns, he was very deffensive not reasurring at all and actually made me quite angry. He doesn't want to admit that he didn't give me what I asked for. I would urge you to get some images and really think hard before using him. I am not impressed at all.
Hey , have you had your surgery yet?

Quick Reply

Latest