The Student Room Group
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website

Anglia Ruskin bullying and favouritism

Anglia ruskin is a terrible university. This university capitalise is from international students and then they build facilities for the medics who are not very nice people at all. The medics are cut off from the rest of the students but are given so many privileges that other students don't have access to. The medical students have a superiority complex and look down on the rest of the uni. I have never seen any other university institution that operates like this. The funny thing is that the ARU medical school is new, no one has graduated from it yet. ARU provides free transport for medics to go on placement. They are also prioritised and given refurbished accommodation before anyone else. The ARU gives them a huge section for accommodation so that they can stick together. Meanwhile everyone else is scattered with old rooms that still haven't been touched. ARU completely neglects the rest of us. In other words, the medical students are Anglia Ruskin's golden children. Most of them are very horrible egotistical people that like to dominate every extracurricular activity on the campus. (I have personally been bullied and purposely excluded by some of these nasty people and it's so normalised that they feel “Entitled” to bullying the nonmedics. I’ve been belittle, spoken to like I was stupids, excluded & laughed at by these medical students. I have had to prematurely leave the campus because this bullying was causing depression. The ARU Medical school is a cult and it’s not normal. They are such nasty bullies that isolate you if you don’t study medicine. Also DO NOT join any extracurricular clubs/societies because the medics will bully, ignore you, and leave you out just because you’re not a medic. It's basically a delusional cult that believes medicine is the only way to success which is stupid. DO NOT STUDY HERE IF YOU DON'T STUDY MEDICINE, DON’T FUND THIS UNIVERSITY !!!!!!!!!
I just accepted my offer for Medical Science
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website
Original post by paulinapris
I just accepted my offer for Medical Science

I would highly recommend going to another university. If I couldn’t have gone back I would’ve gone to a more established university.
Original post by Anonymous
Anglia ruskin is a terrible university. This university capitalise is from international students and then they build facilities for the medics who are not very nice people at all. The medics are cut off from the rest of the students but are given so many privileges that other students don't have access to. The medical students have a superiority complex and look down on the rest of the uni. I have never seen any other university institution that operates like this. The funny thing is that the ARU medical school is new, no one has graduated from it yet. ARU provides free transport for medics to go on placement. They are also prioritised and given refurbished accommodation before anyone else. The ARU gives them a huge section for accommodation so that they can stick together. Meanwhile everyone else is scattered with old rooms that still haven't been touched. ARU completely neglects the rest of us. In other words, the medical students are Anglia Ruskin's golden children. Most of them are very horrible egotistical people that like to dominate every extracurricular activity on the campus. (I have personally been bullied and purposely excluded by some of these nasty people and it's so normalised that they feel “Entitled” to bullying the nonmedics. I’ve been belittle, spoken to like I was stupids, excluded & laughed at by these medical students. I have had to prematurely leave the campus because this bullying was causing depression. The ARU Medical school is a cult and it’s not normal. They are such nasty bullies that isolate you if you don’t study medicine. Also DO NOT join any extracurricular clubs/societies because the medics will bully, ignore you, and leave you out just because you’re not a medic. It's basically a delusional cult that believes medicine is the only way to success which is stupid. DO NOT STUDY HERE IF YOU DON'T STUDY MEDICINE, DON’T FUND THIS UNIVERSITY !!!!!!!!!

lol

Lmaoooo that's sadd
Damn idk. I’ll have to see how it goes in September..
What did you study there?

I would highly recommend going to another university. If I couldn’t have gone back I would’ve gone to a more established university.

Hi Anonymous
We're really sorry to hear of your experience, if you would like to make a formal complaint about any bullying that took place, you can contact our complaints team on [email protected] and we can look into it for you.
Original post by Adas1332
lol

What's funny?....
Anglia Ruskin is a terrible university. This university capitalised from international students and then they build facilities for the medics who are not very nice people at all. The medics are cut off from the rest of the other students. The Medics are given so many privileges that other students do not have access to. The medical students have a superiority complex and look down on the rest of the students that at ARU. I have never heard of any other university institution that operate this way! it’s absurd. The funny thing is that the ARU medical school is new, meaning no one has graduated from it yet. ARU provides free transport for medics to go on placement. They are also prioritised and given refurbished accommodation before anyone else. ARU gives them a huge section for accommodation so that they can all stick together. (basically babying these students) Meanwhile everyone else is scattered living with different kinds of students & in old rooms that still haven't been refurbished. ARU choose neglects the rest of the students at by denying them these privileges. Unfortunately, this sends a very dangerous message to these students. (degree discriminationn, Equality) implying that they are not worth ARU’s investment. In other words, the medical students are Anglia Ruskin's golden children. Most of them are very horrible & egotistical people that like to dominate every extracurricular activity on the campus. They often form their own clicks within these academic settings. They intentionally create a hostile environment for those that do not study medicine.(unless they like you of course) I have personally been bullied and purposely excluded by some of these nasty people and it's so normalised. It's insane because they are meant to have empathy. I truly fear for the heartless and prideful doctors that ARU is creating. The ARU medics feel “Entitled” to bullying the non medics because of their delusional superiority complex. I have personally been belittled and, spoken to like a child. I've been purposely ignored by them even when I’m part of their sports team. They have excluded me & treated me like I was subhuman or just hostile cruel behaviour. I have been laughed at & even mimicked, by these medical students. I’ve met some friendly ones but even when they are around some of their classmates they will intentionally ignore me because they’re embarrasseds. Everything I’ve described is completely unacceptable and disgusting. This bullying has caused me feel an extreme level of social anxiety. Mainly because I’ve been treated poorly despite being friendly to them. I have had to prematurely leave the campus because this bullying was causing depression. The ARU Medical school is a cult and it’s not normal. Most of the medics are such nasty bullies that will excluded you if you don’t study medicine. Also DO NOT join any extracurricular clubs/societies because the medics will bully, ignore you, and leave you out just because you’re not a medic. It's basically a delusional cult that believes medicine is the only way to success which is stupid. DO NOT STUDY HERE IF YOU DON'T STUDY MEDICINE, DON’T FUND THIS UNIVERSITY !!!!!!!!!

Edit.

I completely believe all that you've written here, it sucks man. I've been a medical student at two universities now aha (a MSc and now a Y4 MBBS). I must say, I am really saddened by your experience pal.

I have got to say that I feel this is more of a med student thing, than solely an ARU thing (got a similar vibe in both unis). Really sorry for what you been through buddy, believe it or not, in spite of being a medic myself, I get how you feel, they drive me nuts also.

Even quite a lot of us med students don't click with one another. Medics are a cliquey and competitive bunch, ignore them/us and just focus on yahself buddy. Medics will suffer with a lifetime of stressful work, working overtime, progressive paycuts, inferiority complexes, being talked down to by senior doctors and so much more. And in the FY years, you'll be paid less than you can for jobs that don't require 5 years of medical school.

Also, I see relationships failing simply because of having to focus on work over relationships. Pretty sure my own chances of that are gone, I'm overweight and balding aha, both of which, medical school had accelerated.

You, on the other hand, will enjoy the finer things in life. :-)
Doesn't seem like it, but trust me, I'm a 4th year medic and am dreading my FY years...

Keep your expectations low, keep participating in social activities around ARU, and out of all the medics, 1 or 2 of them have got to be nice, befriend them. If not even 1 or 2, ignore them all, and meet people from other courses. Life is what you make of it. :-)

why would anyone want to go to anglein ruskin? there are so many other better unis ppl can go the main reason ppl got angel is for medicine so it makes sense to fund medicine more as it is the main attraction
This was the case in the first year at the university but not since then. Most of the time the other courses such as physician associates, paramedics get to use the medical building far more than the actual medical students. There is very little academic support at ARU for those struggling in medicine. Not all of the medical students have egos, it will be the same in any course realistically.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending