The Student Room Group

I'm a dependent student but my parents aren't too keen on signing their details

My parents, who I live with, no longer financially support me but I'm 21 so I am still considered a dependent student as I only started work 2 years ago. I was on jobseekers allowance but that was still less than 3 years ago. They want to know what they're signing, but it can take 2 months to process my application so I'm not sure if they'll sign it or if when they do, it will be before I start my university course. I'm not sure if I have any options here. I am only applying for the tuition fee loan as I am an Open University student, so I'm not sure if this will affect my application?
Original post by Harleyponder
My parents, who I live with, no longer financially support me but I'm 21 so I am still considered a dependent student as I only started work 2 years ago. I was on jobseekers allowance but that was still less than 3 years ago. They want to know what they're signing, but it can take 2 months to process my application so I'm not sure if they'll sign it or if when they do, it will be before I start my university course. I'm not sure if I have any options here. I am only applying for the tuition fee loan as I am an Open University student, so I'm not sure if this will affect my application?

Hi Harley,

If you are only applying for tuition fees then we don't need them to support your application. Once you apply please ensure you complete the part time application even if you're studying full time at the Open University. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending