The Student Room Group

Edexcel IGCSE Physics January 14th and 15th 2015

How is everyone's revision going?! :smile:
how many hours to be left the exam ?
Original post by thefoodieteen
How is everyone's revision going?! :smile:

well , yours ?
Reply 3
i found the exam quite hard.. how did you guys find it?
Original post by mh99
i found the exam quite hard.. how did you guys find it?

I'm so glad I'm not the only one! I thought it was definitely the hardest paper I've done (have done all of the past papers since 2009) - strangely worded questions, loads of four and five-markers, and a few things that weren't even in the Student Book! Particularly hated the five-mark wire one... crossing my fingers for low boundaries now! :confused::s-smilie:
(edited 9 years ago)
yes ! i didn't understand the last question about the moon :'(
Original post by Rashed ullah
yes ! i didn't understand the last question about the moon :'(

That one was super confusing - I just stated the length of orbit (in days) and described its path a little...

The ones I really despised were that moon one, the wire five-marker, and the ball stopping one. Hoping I got one or two marks in each...

I reckon I lost about 15-20 marks on this paper :frown: If the grade boundary is about 140ish I need to do pretty well on tomorrow's paper to have a chance of an A*!
Just finished, found the paper super easy! Messed up one of the calculations but I don't think I lost more than one mark on that because I just made a tiny mistake. I'm thinking the grade boundary will be 135-140ish for A* :smile:
Reply 8
I found paper 1 quite easy and paper 2 harder tbh! Hoping for an A*, fel like it went quite well but I taught it to myself as I'm moving to South America (I'm english) and no one in my family knows physics so a* would be amazing :wink:
I found paper one quite hard, but paper two I found quite easy, but some of the things I'm best at came up, just hope that makes up the lost marks in paper one :confused:
(edited 9 years ago)
Might be I posted in wring forum, but anyway...

I am taking the igcse edexcel chemistry exam in 2016. having seen the above situation in paper 2 for Physics", it may happen in 2016 Chemistry ( questions're different from all past papers used to be). As I am a self-learning student, can you guys advise me, besides the past papers, what other materials/book/exercise I should try?
many thanks!!!
Original post by megansummer
Might be I posted in wring forum, but anyway...

I am taking the igcse edexcel chemistry exam in 2016. having seen the above situation in paper 2 for Physics", it may happen in 2016 Chemistry ( questions're different from all past papers used to be). As I am a self-learning student, can you guys advise me, besides the past papers, what other materials/book/exercise I should try?
many thanks!!!

CGP revision books, Edexcel revision book, CGP Exam Practice Workbook! Good luck!
Reply 12
what did you guys find difficult in paper 2?
Delighted with my A* result today! Hope everyone else is happy with their results too!
Original post by thefoodieteen
Delighted with my A* result today! Hope everyone else is happy with their results too!

Wow, congratulations again. What other subjects have you been taken in Jan?
Reply 15
many many congrats

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending