The Student Room Group

igcse private candidate pLS HELP

hi! so basically im a homeschooled student and will be sitting as a private candidate for my igcses. im confused about so many things and tis really making me super worried.

1) what happens if my igcse edexcel and cie examinations overlap? another problem is that i have to take the exams in different centers....

2) does edexcel no longer offer igcse january series??? im confused about this. where can i see the subjects they offer for each sitting too?

i really need help please, i lowkey hate being a private candidate as u have to sort everything out yourself
Original post by gnmenali
hi! so basically im a homeschooled student and will be sitting as a private candidate for my igcses. im confused about so many things and tis really making me super worried.

1) what happens if my igcse edexcel and cie examinations overlap? another problem is that i have to take the exams in different centers....

2) does edexcel no longer offer igcse january series??? im confused about this. where can i see the subjects they offer for each sitting too?

i really need help please, i lowkey hate being a private candidate as u have to sort everything out yourself

Both Edexcel and CIE have published their timetables for 2024, so you can just look-up when yours are scheduled and see if this is an actual issue or not.

Edexcel's provisional one is a PDF here, whilst their final one is an Excel spreadsheet here. CIE's final exam timetable for the UK is here (if you're elsewhere in the world then this might not be the right timetable, so use this page to find the right one.)

If you do actually have a clash, then let us know and we'll explain what happens.

How far apart are your two exam centres? How easy is it for you to travel between them if you need to be at one in the morning and the other in the afternoon?

With regards to the January series, see this announcement about the removal of the January exam series and the introduction of a November series.

Quick Reply

Latest