London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
no probs best of luck!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Vincente
SSEES was founded in 1915 as part of KCL, however it became independent in the 1930s and was a institute within the UoL until 1999 where it merged with UCL (bet KCL would be a bit pissed off, and I heard goldsmith college tried to merge with it but failed not so surprisingly).

Yup Thomas Garrigue Masaryk was the head of the school and eventually became president of Czechslovakia.

Was Thomas Masaryk assassinated just after WWII in Prague, or was it his son/brother/nephew? There is a lovely statue of him in Washington DC.
Reply 82
dismal_laundry
Was Thomas Masaryk assassinated just after WWII in Prague, or was it his son/brother/nephew? There is a lovely statue of him in Washington DC.

No, Tomas Masaryk died of natural causes in 1937. You are thinking of his son, Jan Masaryk, who died by falling out of a window at the Foreign Ministry in Prauge, 1948. Some believe he was murdered, some believe it was suicide. His death remains a mystery basically...
Reply 83
what is the big mistery...

'falling out a window' isn't going to be a murder...

unless you are saying that someone pushed him out the window but that is ridiculous...
Reply 84
Wasn't this when the soviet government installed loyal communists into the czechslovakia government? And Jan Masaryk refused to resign from his post as foriegn secretary.
Reply 85
No... You are getting confused... That happened after the Transylvanian Siege of 1896 and it was the Russian's responce to the Czechoslovakian attempted invasion of Romania...
Reply 86
Czechoslovakia didn't exist though until the Treaty of Versailles was signed in 1918 when it was stripped away from the Austrian Empire.
Reply 87
Rev go revise some anatomy will you! :cool:
Reply 88
Jez.. You sound like my mum... EH...
Reply 89
Pwned!
Reply 90
That isn't pwnage...

You're such a swede...
Reply 91
:rolleyes:
Reply 92
Got an offer from here today for history, ABB.
Reply 93
Well done Jordan!
Reply 94
Congrats Jordan!
Reply 95
Finally, they replied to my application! It will be a few weeks until I get an offer, interview or rejection.......

BTW I was wondering how many students are there at the SSEES, and how many are there in the first year?
Reply 96
Good question, I don't know for sure, but I would estimate it to about 300-450, including postgrads. First years probably add up to about 100-150, I think there are about 40 or so of us doing V101, although some are doing it joint honours with something else.
Reply 97
How long after interviews do offers/rejections normally come in? Is just I had an email from UCAS saying my application had changed and I was so nervous it was ridiculous. But nothing had changed. lol.
An email from UCAS saying your application had changed? I never got those last year. Is this new for 2007 applicants?
Reply 99
No I had some last year too. Though they were pretty irregular.

Latest

Trending

Trending