The Student Room Group

Duncan of Jordanstone applications 2015

Wasn't sure if there was one of these yet, I just sent off my application yesterday. I'm a little worried as the minimum grades are BBCC.

My grades are AABB with As in Art and Music and CS in English and Drama.

I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed and hope they like my portfolio! How about everyone else? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm applying too! I have no idea of what sorts of things they're looking for in the portfolio though! What have you done for your portfolio? :smile:
Reply 2
I just have the work I did in higher and advanced higher, I'm going to work a lot in my sketchbook too. I hope that'll be okay! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Same here! I did a portfolio class at ECA too so have a few bits here and there from that. Have you heard anything back in terms of deadlines etc? :smile:
Reply 4
Nah, my application is still waiting, I don't expect it very soon though because I applied just before the deadline due to problems with my school. Do you know anything yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Makker
Nah, my application is still waiting, I don't expect it very soon though because I applied just before the deadline due to problems with my school. Do you know anything yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm the same too. So nervous about it all though, I really hope we get in!
Reply 6
Has anyone recieved an email containing all the portfolio deadlines etc etc? I haven't had anything yet...
Reply 7
Nope, not a thing :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
What have you applied for? My Architecture portfolio was due by January 15th and I got an offer in February.

Architecture is a slightly different faculty to DJCAD however (despite the fact that it is within the DJCAD building).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
I applied for Foundation Art and Design, congrats on the offer!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
I've applied for the general foundation course and I've had an email inviting me to a portfolio hand in day. Has everyone else had this email too?
Reply 11
Yes, I've applied for the General Foundation year too! Got the email a week or two ago.
Reply 12
I haven't had an email yet! Now I'm super worried :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
That's really weird, maybe there will be another hand in date later on? If not maybe you should contact them incase you slipped through the net and the email just didnt get to you or something.
Reply 14
Yeah, I've had my e-mail too. They reply really fast though, so maybe you should check with them?
Reply 15
Turns out it was at my new dundee email and not my old one! :rolleyes:

how many sheets do you guys have for your portfolio, and what are you putting in it? I'm putting about 3 years of school work in but I don't have much time to make any more big pictures so I'm working in my sketchbook for at home things.
Reply 16
I've got 21 sheets, I think. This year I've basically put up a mixture of things - sketches, concepts, life drawing, but all in a different style... We'll see how it goes. Do you guys want to exchange portfolios? I'm assuming everyone has put theirs up already?
Reply 17
I have about the same number, research, concept and final drawing pretty much.

Im being super silly here, but what do you mean by exchanging portfolios? :P
Reply 18
I meant linking them here (from flickr, for example), sorry for the unspecified question. : p
Reply 19
Ahah yeah, that makes sense, don't know why I didn't think of it before!

I'd be happy to do that :3

Quick Reply

Latest