The Student Room Group

What do I do now?

Hi guys

So, i am a year 12 currently on study leave and have just finished all my mock exams. However, I do not think it went well. I think I failed every one, although not through lack of revision. History today was especially bad. I knew exactly what to write but my essay structure and plan went straight out the windows, even though I get A's in class. I also ran out of time. My teachers were expecting B and A Grades and are the type who will accuse my of no revision and such when I come back with U and E grades.

What do I do?

Is this a sign that I should drop a levels?
No it is a chance to revisit certain aspects you found difficult and work even harder
Reply 2
Original post by fungirl16
Hi guys

So, i am a year 12 currently on study leave and have just finished all my mock exams. However, I do not think it went well. I think I failed every one, although not through lack of revision. History today was especially bad. I knew exactly what to write but my essay structure and plan went straight out the windows, even though I get A's in class. I also ran out of time. My teachers were expecting B and A Grades and are the type who will accuse my of no revision and such when I come back with U and E grades.

What do I do?

Is this a sign that I should drop a levels?

Right i'd say you're experiencing the classic AS problem. You feel you've done lots of revision but can't understand why it went badly. I was in a year which had January exams and your problem was so common it was unbelievable there were people you'd expect to get A's getting C's and some even worse than that. (one is even at oxford having got all C's in his january exams, so definitely don't look at it as you not being capable of A levels it almost certainly isn't that!)
With the people i knew it was the type and style of revision they were doing just didn't cut it for A levels even though it'd worked well for them at GCSE. So perhaps review your study technique, I'm happy to share my advice if it's relevant to your subjects. But after your results come back I'd suggest speaking with your teachers and asking for their revision tips as yours clearly haven't work if you're being truly honest with yourself and did enough revision.

Quick Reply

Latest